Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Skin cancer concerns?  (Read 113 times)

Offline avonleam1

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Island Livin'
    • Poke This Member
Skin cancer concerns?
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:32:29 PM »
With it being summer time, I've been out in the sun a lot. This summer, I've been using SPF 30 consistently. I'm blonde hair and blue eyed and very prone to burning. But thankfully I haven't had any issues this summer. But most summers prior to this one, I've had at least one really bad sun burn each summer.

I don't know if it's new or if due to my anxiety I'm more aware of it, but I feel like a few of my moles on my shoulder/neck are getting bigger. And I noticed a flesh colored lump on my shoulders that is new- I can't tell if it's a pimple or a basal cell carcinoma- it looks like the pearly/waxy bump that is so often described with a BCC.

I see a trip to the dermatologist in my future. Ugh. Anyways, has anyone had any experience with something similar? I'm freaking out a little right now. I always feel like this happens right before I get ready for bed and then end up with getting 2 hours of sleep cause my brain and worry won't shut off.
Bookmark and Share
You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together. — Brene Brown

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Skin cancer concerns?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 01:37:28 AM »
Hmm. I have had something similar to what you are describing on the back of my shoulder since earlier this year. It has got smaller but now I'm wondering if I should get it checked out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: