Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Let's Get This Show On The Road  (Read 102 times)

Offline ConstantlyCory

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Let's Get This Show On The Road
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
Well Hello Everyone,

My name is Cory and I'm a full fledged anxious, depressed, stressed, compulsive, you name it I got it or will soon develop it once you mention it ::), 26 year old male from Arizona. I've been dealing with a multitude of physical and mental symptoms since I can remember, which is no more than about two weeks mind you , and I'm looking to finally make the long road to recovery. I've been on meds, I've tried talking it out, I've stood on my head, I've drank this, eaten that, read this, watched that, yada yada for years. But what I haven't done is given anything I've started a fair chance and abandoned it a week or so in. So....I'm going to try really hard to develop some good habits and joining this site is a start.

The other night, I began to write letters to all of those who have done me wrong..I'm 4 in...Seven to go...Had a complete break-down during that...It was great??...I have some workbooks, some healthy food in the fridge, meditation tapes, workout plans.... you get the picture. It's a true honest attempt to be healthy right here...right now..

Anyway,

Who is everyone? What do you suffer from? What have you done to make progress? What's one good thing about yourself? I want to get to know you.

Oh, aside from 26 years old and crazy, I have a beautiful wife Autumn who puts up with all my weird, a gorgeous 8 month old lady-killer son named Maddox, and I'm in Engineering school which might be the real reason I've started losing hair...

OKAY GO!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Let's Get This Show On The Road
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
Welcome Cory, I love that name Maddox. And Cory and Autumnn for that matter!  (I have a thing for names).   This forum has been tremendously helpful to me so far in feeling not so alone with Anxiety.  I've only recently started getting treatment for Anxiety but a therapist did say they felt that I had Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia.  I feel like a lot more than just that could apply to me though.   So my progress has been seeking out a Pyschiatrist, trying new medication and starting Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline ConstantlyCory

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

jjZauis,

I have no experience with CBT. Any pointers or books/resources you recommend?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
Besides working with my therapist I haven't done too much reading about it but I do know my therapist said he'll be taking a lot of things directly from the book Managing Social Anxiety: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approach by Debra Hope, Richard Heimberg and Cynthia Turk
Bookmark and Share

Tags: