Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can being tense cause shooting pain?  (Read 67 times)

Offline sweetblubrry

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Content
    Content
    • Poke This Member
Can being tense cause shooting pain?
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
I have been freaking out the past few days about cervical cancer. My pap was last done two years ago and I'm going this Wednesday. No symptoms or anything, just to have it done. I read everywhere the guideline is 3 years. My friend goes yearly and ended up with an abnormal pap a few weeks ago. She is being retested in 3 months. I don't know why but I am absolutely terrified that there's going to find something.

I just want to the doctor today and he gave me Zoloft for my anxiety. It has been really bad the past two months. Now that I've been focusing on the pelvic area I felt shooting pains there today. They still have not stopped. I feel like I'm going to have cancer that is  spread all over. Is my mind focusing on that area causing this pain? It is like shooting stabbing pain! 
Bookmark and Share
Struggled on and off since I was 13 (29 now) with health anxiety and OCD. No therapy. I accept my thoughts and deal with it as it comes.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can being tense cause shooting pain?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
anytime I get weird/ focus on an area in my body, I can count on ol'BEASTY  to be there for me and produce aches/pains to fit my fear.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: