Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: The tip of my tongue is sore.  (Read 117 times)

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The tip of my tongue is sore.
« on: July 07, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »
The other day I noticed it felt like the tip of my tongue felt like it was burned. But as far as I remember I haven't burned my tongue. Later that day I had flaming hots ( spicy cheetos ) and it hurt like no other. Usually, those just slightly burn my mouth but this time it felt like I ate 100  jalapenos. Then yesterday I ate spicy doritos and again these chips aren't really hot. But it hurt. Then very early this morning I took a look at my tongue. It's red and the taste buds are a little swollen and I'm getting one of those  white bumps you sometimes get.

I'm worried it's tongue cancer. I am a smoker. I have been since I was around 18 or 19. So for about 5 or 6 years. But there aren't any white patches on it or anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AdaJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: The tip of my tongue is sore.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »
Hi I'm just respOnding because my husband and I have exactly the Same thing. In the last few few days we've noticed the tip of our tongues are sore. It looks a little red and inflamed and there are a couple of white spots. I am a Complete hypochondriac and my first thought was tongue cancer! But even I have to admit that it would be very unlikely for my husband and I to both develop a very rare cancer at exactly the same time, on the same day even ! We've had colds/sore throats so I think it's an infection. I've also wondered about oral thrush as the back of my tongue is really white . I'm going to leave it a few days and then see the doctor if it hasn't gone.

Honestly we hsce it exactly as you descrIbed it and I'm sure it's not cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
My tongue feels a little better. Still worried, though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »
i get sore spots on my tongue.  hey we are human.  our bodies end up with all kinds of weird aches/pains which mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.   Please don't go to catastrophic scenarios.  Accept that sometimes  a cigar is JUST a cigar OR in this case::  A sore tip of the tongue is just a sore tip of the tongue.  it doesn't mean some big bad thing.  don't allow BEASTY (anxious thinking) to drag you around like a rag doll.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:54:54 PM »
Those bumps are normal and just something that happens.

Touching an unused match to one numbs it for a while if the pain gets really agonizing.  Just don't leave it too long or it burns like crazy.  Friend of mine taught me that years ago and I'll be danged if it doesn't work!  No idea why.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: