Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I needed this vacation.  (Read 107 times)

Offline LotusFish

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I needed this vacation.
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:58:47 AM »
We just got back a couple hours ago after a short vacation visiting family and I have to say that there is definitely something to be said about being able to get away. We were gone Wednesday through today (Sunday) and I didn't have any of my usual HA or other anxiety symptoms while we were gone. I think that's the longest I've gone in a while without anything bothering me. I guess I was just so caught up in life and the festivities that I never had a moment to let it bother me.

I'm really not trying to brag but I needed to share that there is definitely something to be said about how much of it occurs in the mind especially if the mind doesn't have time to think about it. I just wish I had more things to help keep my mind occupied but that's difficult when raising a toddler. I hope that this discovery is the beginning of something new for me (us even).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I needed this vacation.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:46:22 AM »
Ahh that's so cool you got out and had some fun and a break from it all.  Good for you!

I am totally envious.  I've wanted to get out of here and rake a road trip with my wife but haven't had the opportunity as of late because she can't get time off and I'm unemployed.  I just want like 2 or 3 nights out of this place!  I love driving and sometimes largely I've just gotten out for the day and it's even fun.. 

Anyhow, awesome that you enjoyed your vaca!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LotusFish

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: I needed this vacation.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:10:18 AM »
Ahh that's so cool you got out and had some fun and a break from it all.  Good for you!

I am totally envious.  I've wanted to get out of here and rake a road trip with my wife but haven't had the opportunity as of late because she can't get time off and I'm unemployed.  I just want like 2 or 3 nights out of this place!  I love driving and sometimes largely I've just gotten out for the day and it's even fun.. 

Anyhow, awesome that you enjoyed your vaca!

The first chance you get, do it!  :yes:

We have a toddler so it's not always easy to get away. Packing for ANY trip increases my anxiety but once we arrive at our destination, I'm all better. I wish that vacation lasted longer!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: