Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie, but not really.  (Read 46 times)

Offline avonleam1

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Island Livin'
    • Poke This Member
Newbie, but not really.
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:37:04 PM »
Hey All! I was on this site awhile ago (like 2011/2012). But I couldn't remember my old log-in info, so I had to create a new name. I relocated from MT to NY since my husband got out of the military. Honestly, I had improved a lot with my anxiety in general, particularly my health anxiety. But recently (4-6 month), I've been having major health anxiety again. I believe a lot of it has to do with my job. I'm a case manager working with the mentally ill population and it's a super high stress job. In addition to that, I'm a married 24 year old living in one of the most expensive areas in the country and financial stress has taken a major toll on me.

Most recently though I've been having major concerns of having an underlying heart problem, which is what brought me back to this site. EKGs all normal, I have a naturally elevated HR which I've had since I could remember- but chest pain, shortness of breath brings me back into the vicious cycle of "I'm having a heart attack and today's the day I die." Also up there on the "constant worry" scale is oral cancer, lung cancer (I smoke- trying to quit- agh), and blood clots.

So, here I am again. Taking it one day at a time.
Bookmark and Share
You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together. — Brene Brown

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie, but not really.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »
Hi avonleam,

Welcome back to the forum.  I am sorry that you are struggling with the health anxiety again, but I glad you have rejoined the site so you can find some support and encouragement as you go through this difficult time.  Heart fear is the core of my health anxiety as well. I have lived with it for a long time and have only found any real relief in starting to accept that what I feel is anxiety and not something wrong with me.  It is a rough path dealing with the anxieties and fears, but it is good to have this site to help us find support and feel less alone. 

Again welcome back.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: