Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Triggers  (Read 126 times)

Offline Niceguy237

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Triggers
« on: July 06, 2014, 08:26:10 PM »
I have been having a good week with my health anxiety until today.  Another intense workout and my muscles shaking (this time quads) in a manner than was scary.  My trainer claims it's all fatigue and nothing to be concerned with.  It just drives my mind nuts and rekindles my A** fear and other neurodegenerative disorder fears.  I do know fatigued muscles can shake during resistan a training but this seemed like a lot.  A few hours later they are now calm...and sore, but no lastig tremors.  Very scary for me, drives me to immediately take a benzo after my workout to avoid panic attack.  My shoulders have also been tight for months.  Some symptoms have faded, shoulder tightness and muscle shaking during exercise persist.  Any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Triggers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »
as i say in my signature:

MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.

the trainer is correct.  it is muscle fatigue.  I will take it a step further and talk about your anxiety.  anxiety/stress cause a body to pour a lot of adrenaline/cortisol---the fight/flight chemicals.  this is, in part, the cause of symptoms.  Now as you may well imagine, our body always feeling like it is being chased by a bear wears a body out.  IMO and my experience, anxious people are much more likely to have  exaggerated  muscle fatigue or tremors.  so I am not the least bit surprised to read your post.  It makes sense to me.

don't go all ALS here.  you are barking up the wrong tree. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
My doctor told me that back, neck, and shoulder tightness can me stress related.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Niceguy237

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 08:55:25 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

The thing that scares me most is that my muscles seem to fatigue quicker during resistance exercise leading to the shaking.  I just don't remember this happening like 6 months back.  I'd get fatigued, but minus the shaking.  Still worried about A**.  Was examined by a neuro in April who saw nothing indicating A** but waiting for EMG in Sept.  Very nervous. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 10:20:46 AM »
we anxious can always find some kind of "anxious thinking loophole" that we can then use to justify our fears.  IMO this is what you are doing  with your ALS fear.

I have had EMGS several times.  I always fail mine  :yes:  however I don't have ALS.  I have nerve impingement coming from herniated disks in my neck.   I didn't even have the EMGs because of any als fear.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: