Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I was doing so well...  (Read 122 times)

Offline ejwall

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I was doing so well...
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »
I've been behaving myself, trying not to Google, taking my meds, etc.  But lately I've been dealing with a really bad tooth/jaw ache that is (probably) due to a filling I got months ago.  While this has been going on, I've been trying not to worry about a swollen lymph node below my left ear lobe (the same side as the dental issue).  I have some pain along my jaw on the same side, which could also be a node.  My husband thinks the nodes are due to the dental issue, and my doctor agrees.  Today, after a sleepless night due to the jaw pain, I've noticed a bruise on my hand.  I know when I got it (I banged my hand against the back of a chair twice in the same spot), but I don't normally bruise that easily, so this combined with the lymph nodes is causing me to worry about leukemia.  Of course, in a moment of weakness I Googled, and saw that fatigue, sweats and weight loss are also symptoms.  I've been fatigued a little bit lately, on and off.  I've been dealing with hot flushes/flashes with sweats for about a year now (I'm 38 and have recently been told I've gone through early menopause - which is a whole other chapter of worries), but they haven't really woken me up, and haven't been so bad that I soaked sheets, etc.  In the last year and a half, I have lost quite a bit of weight (but I also changed my diet after a gall bladder attack).
My doctor isn't alarmed by any of this, but in my worse moments I worry that she's not taking me seriously (I'm a lifetime HA sufferer).  I know logically that I'm probably fine, but I could really use some support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I was doing so well...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 08:20:32 PM »
Hi ejwall

Ok so you had a moment where you caved in and googled even though we know better lol. Your problem is probably from your dental issue but given that you are also in early menopause your hormones are also wrecking havoc and causing not only undue anxiety but also small health/physical issues. Having gone through menopause in my early 40's I can relate. I believe your Doctor knows you and you need to trust him. Just pick yourself up and forget that you googled. I would however call back the dentist and discuss your concerns perhaps you need a little more dental work done. Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I was doing so well...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 11:46:30 PM »
I think literally everyone here has been in the same place you are now.  Maybe with a different disease, but beyond that, basically just the same.

Good news is, your logical brain is still in there talking to you, and you know you're dealing with anxiety (and a bad tooth) rather than actually having leukemia.  You can get through this.
Bookmark and Share