Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't take much more.....  (Read 111 times)

Offline Twins01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't take much more.....
« on: July 06, 2014, 06:56:22 PM »
I've been dying since I was About 15.....I'm 40 now.....and currently in the worst months of my anxiety I have ever experienced....I'm just venting...just getting it out because i won't dump this on my husband....it's almost impossible to get through days anymore....constantly pretending to be fine...pretending to smile....I only feel safe when I'm home with my kids and husband...they are my safety net....being consumed by death can put a damper on living....I don't want to die...don't want to leave my children and husband and this life....I just want to be normal...to control my own mind...my own thoughts....to be positive...to be hopeful.....I just want to wake up one day without the pit in my stomach....without the fear ruling my every thought.....how do I stop being afraid? How do I start being brave? Someone please help!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilmsflynn

• Rec's: 3
  • Just remember to keep breathing...
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't take much more.....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
I have been anxious as long as you and feel exactly the same. I'm petrified of dying and leaving my kids and partner behind. I too wish I could be normal, you are not alone in fact you sound just like me. I'm sorry you are suffering I wish I could help. I can empathise though xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:38:45 PM »
By taking one baby step at a time, and by believing that you are much stronger than you think you are----because you are, we all are :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Twins01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »
Thank you both.....although I hate the fact your feeling the same....I know I'm not alone......
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 10:29:55 PM »
A psychologist client of mine once told me that if you try to fight life, you will never win.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:14 PM »
A psychologist client of mine once told me that if you try to fight life, you will never win.

That's a real interesting way of looking at things... Thanks for sharing.

Twins01 - I'm having the same EXACT kind if thoughts today.  I've been doing 'ok' last couple of weeks as I've been in therapy, but, I'm tired of just 'ok' and want to be back to normal and enjoying summer and whatnot.  Plus, I need to get out and find a job so I don't lose my house.  Anyhow, yeah - we need to get up and shake it off...
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »
I have an 88 year old male client that has bladder cancer and they give him no more than a year or two to live.
He said to me, no one wants to die, no matter what the age, but what can I do about it anyway?
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: