Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bad timing, anxiety, bad timing....  (Read 128 times)

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bad timing, anxiety, bad timing....
« on: July 06, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »
Hi everyone. Hope all is well.

I'm going through a rough patch right now and it couldn't come at any worse of a time! I'm leaving for vacation this Friday!

It all started the other night when I had a hard time falling asleep. My mind was racing and I just couldn't relax enough to fall asleep. Nevertheless I did fall asleep but had to be up early the next day for work. Then it started. I started dwelling on how I had such a bad nights sleep. I started my usual "your going crazy" " maybe you're developing schizophrenia" bull****. ((If you read my other posts, you will see I gave struggled w HA mental and physical before  :spineyes:))  I realize how ridiculous this is but I just cant shake it this time. It's ridiculous that I can't have a bad nights sleep w out thinking something terrible is happening to me..

So now I'm sitting here depressed and miserable for being anxious and scared again. Because The past 5 mths have been good! I have been less anxious and wasn't obsessing over being " crazy", or having a brain tumor or anything! Lol I have had days that weren't so great or where I was anxious but I was able to just let it go.  And now I feel like I'm back at square one and I think that what's upsetting me most. I want to have a blast on vaca but now w this anxious, obsessive state of mind I'm in, it seems less and less likely to happen :(.

Ughhhh why can't I just let stupid thoughts go now? Why are they sticking this time?  I just want to feel better before vacation. Any advise or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share

Offline broken_teeth

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad timing, anxiety, bad timing....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »
Hi,

sorry to hear about your problems. I think you really deserve to have a great time on your vacation. I've just started doing a bit of research on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and it seems to me that it really tends to be easier if we accept our fears rather than continuously blocking them and, thus, amplifying them. Try to stick with your fear, feel it in your body, let it dwell. Just accept it and say "whatever comes, comes". Dont be afraid of being afraid. Try to meditate. Write down the things you are really looking forward during the holidays and realise them! Write down for yourself that you have an experience when everything was fine for several months and that all bad things pass. Reflect on that. I am sure your worries will pass, like all things do!

Have a great vacation and take care of yourself!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad timing, anxiety, bad timing....
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 07:29:31 PM »
Broken teeth! Thank you very much for your kind words and great advise. I'm going to look into Acceptance and Commitment therapy, I think that will be a good tool to use for times like this.

Today I went to the mall for some last minute vaca shopping. I was dreading it! But I went and I'm glad I did. I'm just gonna keep my head up and keep trekking, even if I feel like crap or if I feel anxious. No need to dwell. Thanks again. Take care :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: