Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What would you call this?  (Read 83 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What would you call this?
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »
I know there's different ways that people can have dizziness. And then there is vertigo. And I really am not sure what the difference is between the two. I know that they both involve things spinning like being on a merry go round. And then vertigo can also be what i had with my sinus infection, when the floor feels like it's moving under my feet or the walls look like they are bouncing. I also had what I call dizzy head spells. Which is what I have now.
What I mean by dizzy head is that I don't see anything spin or really move. And when I first got my sinus infection I noticed that when I laid on my left ear that I felt dizzy headed. I'm gonna try to explain this feeling. It's like a huge head rush, like inside my head is spinning. Like if my brain was on a merry go round. Or my head. I wish this wasn't so hard to explain. And I get this feeling when I sit up which can cause nausea. Or my stomach to be off. Like I've had too much to drink. I mentioned this to my ent before she saw the ct scan of my sinuses cause I thought maybe I had benign postional Vertigo. She asked me if it happened when I looked up and it doesn't. but I do remember the dizziness going away when I took the amoxcillin. So scratch that that about postional vertigo.  It must have something to do with my sinuses affected my ear.  The left one cause this doesn't happen on my right side. I notice that my left ear feels a tad bit plugged now.

Has anyone ever had what I call dizzy head?  It feels like the inside of my head spins. But nothing around me does. If I have to return to my ent I want to be able to explain this Better to her.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What would you call this?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:45:11 PM »
That's vertigo. There are different sorts of vertigo. One of them is a sensation that the objects around the person are moving/spinning. This can often present as an unsteadyness, like the floor is moving. the second is a sensation that the person is the one moving, rather than the area around them. The third is pseudovertigo - a sensation that there is spinning inside your head.

Despite the 'types' they are actually all the same thing. Those are just the names given to the various aspects of it. I mostly get the "everythign around me is moving" sort.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What would you call this?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Yes when I felt like the floor was moving I felt a bit unsteady but wasn't swaying or anything. Could stand perfectly straight.

pseudovertigo sounds like what I may get know. Cause I don't see anything spinning. Just feel like my head is.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: