Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: NEVER FEEL "GOOD"  (Read 341 times)

Offline Kbernabe

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
NEVER FEEL "GOOD"
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:48:04 AM »
Does any one else never "feel good" I feel like instead of feeling an overall feeling of health I feel like even when I'm "reassured" about something I never feel "healthy"!! Its frustrating because I'm young and I take care of myself
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: NEVER FEEL "GOOD"
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
I totally understand.  It's relative for me..  Feeling good that is.  If I'm not having a bad day (less anxiety, less HA symptoms, less fear) then I define that as good. 

Now, I need to get healthy.  As much as I worry about health and as much anxiety as I have, I should be eating a LOT better and getting out and getting exercise but I don't.  I remember way back when I went to the gym religiously and felt like a champion.  I don't want to get addicted to the gym again, but I do want to get much more healthy.

I wish I just felt good as in felt healthy and happy and didn't have any episodes of anxiety or HA.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey407

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »
I also never feel good. Even when less anxious or not worrying I feel lethargic and down.
I used to run a lot & then when health anxiety struck. I gave up my running but I. Have carried on eating rubbish and I've gained a bit of weight.
I hate health anxiety. It's driving me crazy and I'm only 26!
Hope you feel better knowing you're not alone. X
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
While doing my self-help CBT exercises, I read something that is particularly important for HA sufferers to remember:

Healthy does not mean 'symptom free'. We just happen to focus on the little twinges and so on - things that most people would ignore - because of our anxiety. That's why it feels like there's always something wrong with us.

So in other words, we probably don't physically feel any worse than your average person - it's just the emotional fallout that amplifies it for us. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
Good point snowberry.

Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • i'm not crazy just a little unwell...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »
i felt like crying when i read this. it's been months but i still don't feel totally well. i hear/read about a certain sickness & i get scared thinking that i might also have that. i've stopped reading & watching anything that will trigger me to be afraid of something but my brain is just so restless.

everyday i feel like i'm fighting to live. it hurts. it really does because i feel like i'm trapped. i'm tired of visiting doctors, of getting lab tests but most of all i'm tired of feeling like i'm merely surviving & not really living. it hurts to wake up in the morning & feel like something is really wrong with me. that i could be really sick and that the doctors just took my symptoms for granted. i am currently on an alkaline diet & i feel guilty every time i eat some food that is not on the alkaline list because i could be feeding those cells that will make me sick.

i want to live my life but it's not that easy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I have never felt totally "well" in my life and I think it's largely due to anxiety.  I've had HA literally as far back as I can remember and there was always some little symptom bugging me.  Even if it wasn't one that caused anxiety.  For example, since a bad bout of gastritis in early childhood I've had basically constant nausea.  I've had achy joints for no reason since I was old enough to talk and complain about them. 

But if I were the kind of person to just ignore things like that instead of being so constantly aware of them, would I still feel them?  I think probably not, or not as much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »
I'm the exact same way. I never wake up and feel great. There is always something, whether it's a muscle ache or headache, ect. It definitely weighs heavily on me... But as some of you said, I don't really take care of myself the way I should. Having such bad HA you'd think I would be on top of it all. Only recently I changed my eating habits but still have yet to go to the gym (I've had a membership for about 6 months and have only gone once) I guess I'm just fearful it will make me ache more or I'll feel even more crappy afterwards.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
Maybe we need to collectively create a sticky and somehow work with the moderators to make an HA self help challenge where we all sign up and agree/challenge ourselves to do certain things each day like eat better, exercise, read a certain inspirational thing, etc etc..
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
I like that idea Bocephus
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 03:36:11 PM »
I like that idea Bocephus

You know, because one of the reasons for this site is to know you're not alone..  Maybe doing some challenges together would be really fun and helpful.. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline hkov

• Rec's: 1
  • God Never Panics
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
I'm the same way.  i "feel good" when I wake up and don't have a health anxiety that day but overall I NEVER feel good.
its very sad because I'm only in my 40's.  very sad way to live.  blessings...
Bookmark and Share
"But without Faith it is impossible to please God"

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »
I can so relate to this.  I say all the time "I just never feel 'good'"  it hasn't always been like this.  I would go through short periods where I didn't feel good all the time but now I would say I rarely feel good.  I'm also dizzy or 'spacey' like I'm going to fall over.  Or light headed and nauseas. And so naturally I worry all the time about how bad i'm going to feel when I'm here or there.   I went through so many medical tests and nothing turned up.  Thats when I finally started getting treatment for anxiety (about two months ago).   If i'm not dizzy or light headed then I'm just really tired and lethargic.  And of course any little twinge in my body I immediately think it's a signal for something really bad.   Especially in my chest.  The least tiny twinge I get convinced is a sign I'm about to have a heart attack.  I feel like around most people I hide what I'm going through well.   In reality I just can't wait until I can be back home in my bed trying to relax. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »
Maybe we need to collectively create a sticky and somehow work with the moderators to make an HA self help challenge where we all sign up and agree/challenge ourselves to do certain things each day like eat better, exercise, read a certain inspirational thing, etc etc..

This is an excellent idea.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kbernabe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 01:08:14 AM »
Than for the responses at least I know im not the only one that feels that way! I think we should make some type of goal board so we can all get on s healthier track!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: