Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: GOOGLING  (Read 145 times)

Offline Mikeyc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
GOOGLING
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:04:20 AM »
As majority of us have looked up our symptoms on google. We both know it is pretty damn detrimental for us. Upon a recent doctors visit my doctor raised a ridiculously good point that we had a bit of a chuckle over he turned around and said to me ' do you really expect your iPhone or computer to tell you if you are sick? , what's it going to do , turn around and say 'you are dying man go to a hospital'. This got me thinking. Why are we being fooled into looking stuff up? Secondly, just like a doctor, websites too must cover their bases, if they didn't , every legitimately sick person would be filing a lawsuit , for example with a certain illness, you may have 2 or 3 of those symptoms however how many of us not know if we have had those symptoms or have had to think and say 'have I been feeling a bit like this , yeah I'd say I have'. For example I went to the ER because I was freaking out I have a brain tumour, despite that my doctor told me I'm showing all of the symptoms of a 40 year old family man on the verge of a stress breakdown and I need to relax and despite having fine reflexes and strengths. My worry still persisted. The doctor at the ER has turned around and looked at me like I was some kind of nutcase. She asked if I had been googling my symptoms because I know of a lot of medical terms, of course I said no and decided to exaggerate my symptoms. So she decided to scan the top of my brain about 1/2 way through. There was nothing there. Googling your symptoms will not help in anyway except plant horrible seeds inside your brain. So guys please please stay away from google, it's doing more damage to us than our so called 'diseases'

Kind regards , mike :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: GOOGLING
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:28:31 AM »
I stoped dr google months ago-i only look at anxiety zone.  FEELS SAFER HERE.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
In my humble opinion, the problem isn't that we Google. 

The problem is that in our state of distress we can't discern a valid website with relevant and correct information from a non-valid website with non-relevant and invalid information nor do we have the medical educational background to put the information into context along with our symptoms to make a diagnosis.

Google is just a tool, the problem is we just don't know how to use it and as my high school shop teach was fond of saying, "If you don't know how to properly and safely use a tool, then don't.  You'll just hurt yourself."
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:24:32 AM »
Bookmark and Share

Tags: