Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: generalised anxiety syndrome, panic disorder or depression?  (Read 433 times)

Offline agonisingsoul

• Rec's: 0
  • In the middle of the crisis
    • Poke This Member
Re: generalised anxiety syndrome, panic disorder or depression?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »
Hi 2sungo,

You couldn't have said it better. Thank you for your reassuring words. After 12 years I am in the process of accepting it. This time I think was the one to make me take some things a bit more seriously and try to really get in terms with it.

Indeed I had the luck to be responsive to medication and be able to complete my doctoral degree, work, live in various countries, have fulfilling relationships and friends around me.

Just to make a small remark. Unfortunately I did take some mind altering drugs in my early 20s. I guess I will never find out whether these activated my condition, but I am suspecting they could have.

Good luck with your recovery too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lfiasche

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Agonisingsoul I see so many similarities in our stories ! Just proof that your not the only one I guess. Although we certainly feel that way sometimes. I took a ssri for years and last year titrated off because I wanted to try it without them. Between a hellacious winter and other life changing events I slowly slid backwards into depression and anxiety....worse than ever.
I now am back on Prozac ..and its been one hell of a battle to get here...I still have some anxiety issues...but I am leaps and bounds ahead of where I was a few months ago. I would probably be even better if I wasn't so reluctant to take the Xanax. Trying to be better about that. Just stubborn I guess.
Im trying to live the rest of my life to the fullest, and if it takes meds to get there..so be it...

Cheers to all
Bookmark and Share

Offline agonisingsoul

• In the middle of the crisis
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »
Hi lfiasche,

I am also reluctant to take benzodiazepines. I am also reluctant to increase the dosage of Lexapro to 15mg. It sort of gives me the feeling that the more things I take, the more ill I am (the psychiatrist that I visited the other day was very against this idea, but I can't help it).

I think this time it has been a great lesson for me. And time to accept and learn to live with it.

Thanks for your encouragement

A quick update: The bright moments I had the previous days did not last long. Day 18 of medication and I don't feel good. Although the panic attacks have stopped, anxiety is still there and depression is even deeper. Before, I used to feel better in the evening/night but now the night arrives and I am still depressed. Bed is calling me all the time and I can't think anything else than my "problem".
Bookmark and Share