Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird feeling in throat. (may sound weird to some)  (Read 258 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Weird feeling in throat. (may sound weird to some)
« on: July 05, 2014, 03:46:07 PM »
So.. about 6-7 months ago i started my HA journey. Ive been through almost anny possible physical and mentall illness you could imagin.. ive had the symptoms and i have ofcourse as many others used Dr. Google.
There is only ONE thing that has been the same since it all started. It was also the reason my HA started. My throat. Ive had almost all.. A feeling of something stuck in ur throat.. i couldn swallow for a few weeks and lost almost 30kg. But this feeling i have had since december 2013 just stays the same. Its a feeling of.. Nothing?
It kinda feels like My neck/throat isnt there.. Like i have my legs>body>head but my neck is missing.. it feels like there is nothing there.. I still do sometimes have a hard time to swallow. I always have 'slime' stuck in my throat.. And it just general feels like discomfort.. Like it is gone. ive had this in my upper body before and in my arms but they atleast passed by.. The feeling in my throat of nothing just wont..

I know this may sound extremely weird.. But do anyone else have had a feeling of 'nothing' a sensation of 'nothing' before? Thanks for reading :) & excuse my english, not primary language :p
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird feeling in throat. (may sound weird to some)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »
Also i was checked with cera througj my nose into my throat like 4 months ago but im scared something like cancer has come in the mean time.

I can also feel my lymph nodes on each side of the neck/throat and idk anymore...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »
I've had the "lump in throat" feeling and it's common for people with anxiety, as for why you have it all the time I don't know, I get it sometimes when I have anxiety and don't know that I do.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Online JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
I've had the lump in throat feeling (globus) pretty severe. The feeling is terrible and almost intolerable at times. I've had bouts of this on and off for many years but I noticed that it became worse once I developed migraines. Sometimes its been so bad I've almost gone to the ER since it feels like I'm struggling to swallow and breathe. Of course the feeling subsides once I'm able to calm down.

I also have the gag like feeling in my throat. I guess its similar to globus but its not the same lump feeling, its more like my throat is thick and just generally uncomfortable. I've had that all day today. Its bad enough to cause a gagging like feeling but I never gag, its just on the verge of gagging. Weird and very difficult to explain.

Globus sent me to the psych ER at age 12 so believe me, I know how uncomfortable and unpredictable it can be. You don't have to be feeling anxious to get a big it of this either and it can last weeks, months and when I was 12, it lasted two years. Anxiety is a monster.

Swallowing and breathing are the two functions that can be disrupted easily by anxiety. Just thinking of them can immediately make them feel abnormal to us. Until your mind let's this throat thing go, your going to be feeling odd symptoms. I once lost 50 pounds because I was scared to eat due to the globus feeling and fear of choking. Your not alone with this.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. It is good to know im not alone! And im sorry you have experienced the same thing
Bookmark and Share

Offline SkittishSari

• Rec's: 1
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:34:05 AM »
My throat/mouth are also my main points of HA right now. It is no fun. I am constantly hyper-aware of both and I think that makes it worse. I have a lump in my throat intermittently, it feels like slime or something else is stuck in there, it feels tight, especially under my chin, sometimes it is hard to swallow, my tongue feels weird, etc. Horrid. I hope it passes soon for both of us.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: