Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: the visual symptoms would have been spotted or no?  (Read 243 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
the visual symptoms would have been spotted or no?
« on: July 05, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »
would my doctor have seen something when looking into my eyes with that light my optic nerve.. if these strange eye feelings like jittery eyes and random feelings of like im going cross eyed and having to like look around to get it back to normal ...  he said there good... he  said no indication of a brain tumor or MS and its my anxiety, how the HELL can my anxiety cause this for months everyday when havent been anxious too much in months... but almost everyday i do have some anxiety and im always feeling panicked
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: the visual symptoms would have been spotted or no?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »
you've said yourself that "almost everyday i do have some anxiety" and "im always feeling panicked"

Anxiety doesn't have to manifest itself in a particular way. Nor do we even have to consciously know that we are feeling it. Often we get symptoms that we cannot explain, or cannot understand how they can be linked to anxiety. But they are; that's anxiety for you. It can be a terrible thing, and can cause just about any symptom you can imagine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:21:45 PM »
valley,  you've been a member here for longer than me.  I am going to be direct now:  You jump from fear to fear.  You monitor each and every sensation you have and you make it into a big bad thing.  That is the definition of a person with health anxiety.  Sir, as hard as it is, you are going to have to get REALLY serious about changing your thinking habits.  You are going to seriously need to change the way you deal with your stress in your life. UNTIL you do, you are going to live in fear.

Going to be direct again  :winking0008::  anxiety doesn't get better by swallowing a pill alone (or at all for some).  It takes abandoning the reactive habits--googling, seeking endless reassurance via family/friends/forums/medical docs, self checking/self testing, monitoring (looking for body issues).  AND it takes picking up PROACTIVE  habits LONG term---not for a day or two or giving up when you get scared.
 some are listed below

1. Therapy---meds if you and your doctor feel it is appropriate---everybody is different on this issue. but don't discount meds because you are afraid of them or think that meds are only for "weak" people.  Remember the BEST therapist isn't a miracle worker.  therapy is a two-way street. The client MUST participate and I don't just mean going in and unloading on the therapist.  A therapist is there to listen, true, but the therapist is there to challenge and get you to do things to aid in your recovery.  So the client must do the "homework" to get the most out of therapy. 
2. self-help books--lots of good stuff out there these days ---Claire Weekes has good books out there that explain how it all works.  One is Hope and Help for Your Nerves I read "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck many years ago.  He speaks to people in a variety of ways.  He has a few other books too.   
3.  Exercise---even if you don't want to.  At first you are likely to feel miserable and panicky feelings are likely to bubble up OR rush at you.  It is due to the over abundance of adrenaline (fight/flight) in your body.  Stress/Anixety is tough on a body.  But do it anyway. 
4.  While this isn't a magic pill, eat a healthy diet.  This helps on all kinds areas of your life.
5.  Forums often have helpful advice.
6.  Hobbies--anything that completely immerses you in it and keeps you occupied.  This helps because eventually you'll get snippets of time when you feel good.  These are teaching moments because then you know it is obsessions/anxiety mucking with you.  After a while those snippets turn to hours then days etc.
7.  Don't pity yourself.  You can have a happy life.   As we experience life, we change.  Having any form of anxiety will impact your life just like all life experiences do.  But that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Even once you are on the road to recovery, you will have a 'new' normal but that doesn't mean you aren't happy and fulfilled.
8.  Lots of people find meditation helpful.

REMEMBER:  bottom line it is up to YOU to fix this.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »
thank you I appreciate that response six pack

but I honestly just dont understand how anxiety can make me have feelings of my eyes going crossed........ randomly... throughout the day.... not anxious.... i just dont get how it can last months, everyday, of cross eye feelings.. yet my eyes arent crossing becasue i had my brother stare at me when i noticed it, then i would shake it off and its back to normal...... i am concered a tumor is causing this or it is multiple sclerosis ..... im very confused and i just think the doctors are wrong
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
unless new symptoms somehow arise.... because I have never had visual issues until a few months ago, and im 26 years old im not going blind or need glasses, my vision has always been 20/20 i can read something 100 feet away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 08:04:46 PM »
My eyes constantly feel like the tension behind them is off and I often move them around to compensate for that. I also have severe visual snow and afterimages. Went so far as to get an MRI and all results are normal, minus some minor nearsightedness. Anxiety is a bitch and having your eyesight messed with is probably one of the most scary symptoms. At least I know its rhe scariest thing for me. I fixate on it until everything is blurry and I feel like I'm going crazy. It's a daily struggle but you have to see the forest despite the trees. Look at things far away, be in motion as much as possible, body not eyes. A good head massage seems to alleviate a lot of stress for me, maybe that could help you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 09:12:38 PM »
valley----  you have been a member here 8+yrs.  You have had many symptoms over the years.  You've undoubtedly seen thousands of posts of others talking about "I've never had this before"  or " I just think docs are wrong"....   Have you not learned anything about how anxiety works in the body?   

Bottom line.. Anxiety affects the body in new and unusual ways.  WHY?  because anxious people are not stupid.  if symptoms ALWAYS remained constant, they would lose the fear factor and no longer keep peeps amped up.  So you haven't had vision issues before.  Well you are now AND your anxious mind has you fearful once again.  See that is how it works.  Take a look at the last 8 yrs.  What have you learned about anxiety?  How does it affect you?  How do you typically react?  How have those reactions made your anxiety worse?   How have those reactions helped you decrease your anxiety?  What is going on in your life (not symptoms as that is NOT what I am talking about) that keep your life so stressed.  things like relationships, financial issues, family issues, upbringing....  How are you dealing with these things?  Are you avoiding these things?  Are you solving issues?    I have other topics I've posted (the links are on my profile) about how I think anxiety comes about etc.  If you care to know about how I got myself better, take a look. 

As I see it, you have an anxiety disorder that is not being managed very well.  You seem to be doing the same things over and over.   You know Einstein said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  This definitely applies to a person with anxiety disorders----if you keep doing the same things over and over, you are not going to see improvement.  Valley all you will do is just spin faster in that whirlpool.

Truly I hate to see a person feeling as you do.  But I cannot nor can anyone else fix it.  it is you who has to decide you've had enough.  It is you who has to climb the mountain.  If you choose to, even though it will be hard, it will be well worth it.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 11:20:26 PM »
You need to get some self help books. I started reading one today and i think it's gonna be helpful. You have seen a nuerologist and hard as it is, you have to trust him. You have got to help yourself and learn more about anxiety. That's the first step. You say you had not been anxious when the symptoms began, but you did say you had been thru a break up so that could have been the trigger. I don't know what is causing your symptoms, it could be your ears. We have talked about this. Or it could be anxiety symptoms. It always hard to tell but what I can tell you that it's highly unlikely for it to be a brain tumor or ms.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: