Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Sudden onset of migraines in life. Thinking its brain tumor  (Read 64 times)

Offline mikeyafraid

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have been living a very shakey life recently. A month and a half ago i started getting migraine headaches, the kind where you would see an aura in one eye then shortly afterwards have a headache all day into the next. I didnt think anything of it just a typical migraine, until i started getting them every day for a whole week. Thats when i started to google. :( Some articles along my google search suggested that they were just normal migraines, unless you get them frequently where in this case it can be a brain tumor. So i started to look for how frequent the average migraine is. And in most cases they are maybe once or twice a month. More research... More "Tumor" word. I am living in this state of fear constantly. Afraid to go get imaging done. Afraid of what the doctor would say. Having nightmares about having my brain dissected. Constantly thinking that death is knocking on my door.
Everyone keeps reminding me about the MRI i got a year ago when i had a morning vomiting spell, so much in fact that i had a headache. The vomiting is not normal for me at all. I dont ever vomit, but at the time it lasted all day in the hospital. But i guess it happens and i didnt think much of it. But i was pushed to go to the hospital at the time. They all say that they would of picked something up on the MRI. But im a skeptic. I question the integrity of the doctors at the hospital, i question whether or not a tumor could grow from that time until now. After doing that google search about migraines, i have been trembling in fear. I need help :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden onset of migraines in life. Thinking its brain tumor
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:17:05 PM »
First, stop googling. Google is not a doctor, doesn't know you and hasn't examined you. You also can't interact or explain your over all symptoms to google. MRI scans and extremely thorough. They are thorough enough to capture neurological conditions like MS, which other types of scans can not see. The MRI could not have missed a tumor. A tumor can be seen in a regular CT Scan image so it would be impossible for the superior MRI machine to have missed it. If you had a tumor that was growing so quickly that there wasn't a trace of it a year ago and its causing severe symptoms now, then you would have been dead already. Its just impossible.

Skepticism is just another way to excuse your anxiety and if you keep making concessions for it, your never going to achieve remission.

Migraines are just that, migraines. They aren't brain tumors. I have migraines, two kinds actually and I have to go in for another MRI this week since my migraines changed and my last scan was four years ago. The doctor doesn't expect to see changes. Brain tumors cause way more symptoms than a migraine.

I also have auras and vision loss and my migraines developed suddenly and out of the blue. They can do that. Its not unusual. They also change with time for some people. I developed ocular migraines after I already had migraine with aura. It happens. You also throw up with migraines and have severe nausea. Anxiety can make migraines worse. Basically nothing unusual I happening to you that doesn't happen to everyone with migraines.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline mikeyafraid

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden onset of migraines in life. Thinking its brain tumor
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »
Thanks JunoX for putting things into perspective.  When you get an aura in one eye, do you get the migraine pain on the opposite side?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: