Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Finger infection and airway infection? Please help me!  (Read 59 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Finger infection and airway infection? Please help me!
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:00:32 PM »
Yesterday i had a deep hangnail so i ripped it out. Today when I woke up it was open, not bleeding, but kinda swollen and painful. the pharmacist said to apply antibiotic cream to it 4 times a day which I'm doing.... I'm scared of it spreading though. There's a pink spot on the skin, on the side where the pain is and its my pinky finger. It looks a little better now that i've applied the cream and moisturizor but i'm still scared of it getting worse.

Also for one reason or another it hurts my respiratory system when I breathe in. I usually get a lung infection yearly so i'm hoping its not that... i don't have a fever.... But theres a spot i could point to on my upper chest that hurts when I breathe in. Then again for the past two days I've been making youtube videos and using the voice of the character i'm portraying which is very gravelly and usually irritates my throat... Do you think maybe I just irritated my airway and that it could be nothing like an infection? Every time i make a youtube video using my gravelly voice my throat gets irritated... or maybe this is just acid reflux?

I'm fighting the urge to go to the hospital today, please help me.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Finger infection and airway infection? Please help me!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
It could certainly be acid reflux, that caused me pains when breathing in. I figured it was due to the feeling of stomach bloating. If I eat too much, I can get pain like you're describing. it could also be a muscular thing. what you've said about the gravelly voice might also fit. Something is irritated, and is causing you pain. It certainly doesn't sound like anything to worry about. An infection would likely come with a fever, coughing, pretty nasty pain, feelings like weakness and breathlessness.

As for your finger, just keep applying the cream, and it should clear up in a few days. again, don't worry about. If it has not cleared up in a week or so, then you could see a doctor. It's not going to suddenly get a lot worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
It could certainly be acid reflux, that caused me pains when breathing in. I figured it was due to the feeling of stomach bloating. If I eat too much, I can get pain like you're describing. it could also be a muscular thing. what you've said about the gravelly voice might also fit. Something is irritated, and is causing you pain. It certainly doesn't sound like anything to worry about. An infection would likely come with a fever, coughing, pretty nasty pain, feelings like weakness and breathlessness.

As for your finger, just keep applying the cream, and it should clear up in a few days. again, don't worry about. If it has not cleared up in a week or so, then you could see a doctor. It's not going to suddenly get a lot worse.

I made the mistake of calling one of those telephone nurse hotlines about the pain when i breathe before i got the chance to read your post and she said to go to emerge right away! Now I am frightened and I don't know what to do.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
naturally, those lines have to tell you to go to the Emergency room for any sort of chest pain, on the off-chance that it could be serious. You can imagine what would happen if they didn't, and somebody had something serious. In your case, however, I'd be pretty confident in saying that it's a minor issue; acid reflux, something muscular, possibly the start of an infection at worst.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: