Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Xanax and Valium  (Read 106 times)

Offline kscott0723

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Xanax and Valium
« on: July 05, 2014, 01:55:26 PM »
I was out of Xanax so I asked my mother if I could have half of one of hers before work. She gave me half of a pill and I took it. She then said she mistakenly gave me a muscle relaxer.. That was around 8:45 A.M. I just took half a Xanax at 12:45 P.M and then my mother told me that what I took was Valium (Diazapem). Will I be ok? I know they are both benzos and I dont think I took too much of either but I just wanted to be sure I don't need to rush to the hospital to get this stuff pumped out of me!
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Xanax and Valium
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:58:09 PM »
I was out of Xanax so I asked my mother if I could have half of one of hers before work. She gave me half of a pill and I took it. She then said she mistakenly gave me a muscle relaxer.. That was around 8:45 A.M. I just took half a Xanax at 12:45 P.M and then my mother told me that what I took was Valium (Diazapem). Will I be ok? I know they are both benzos and I dont think I took too much of either but I just wanted to be sure I don't need to rush to the hospital to get this stuff pumped out of me!

So you took half a Valium (diazepam) tablet at 8.45am, and have now taken your regular Xanax 4 hours later? It's hard to tell what the impact will be without knowing the doses, but the most likely consequence is that you'll get very sleepy. It in itself won't hurt you, but do not drive, or do anything potentially dangerous if affected. Also be aware that Valium has a very long half-life so this might continue to be an issue tomorrow too. I suggest you skip the next Xanax unless you really need it.

The lesson here is that never take another's meds. Not only can mistakes happen, but in the case of the benzodiazepines it is also illegal in many jurisdictions.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: