Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Constant Palpitations...  (Read 163 times)

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant Palpitations...
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
Anyone experience this?

A few days now, I've just been getting palps on and off all day. They also feel like they are effecting my breathing and I am trying not to panic as that only makes them worse. Do any of you have any remedies? I'm trying to pinpoint the problem to see if it's just me not drinking enough water or if i am full but they also happen when I haven't eaten in a while. Scary stuff.... I'm 25 and I'm in constant worry of having heart disease or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant Palpitations...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »
I've been having these as well. Doctor told me it was due to anxiety, making me oversensitive to the beating of my heart. Dehydration can also cause them, as can a number of minor infections - I've had them from ear infections in the past.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
Anxiety brings these on definitely!    I went to see a cardiologist about mine and was told I have PVC's.  They are completely benign and many people have them.

I sometimes go a few days with none and then out of the blue they start up.   Sometimes I can make them happen if I lay down on my left side or overeat.

I know it's a scary feeling but they are not harmful.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Expertgamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 04:05:03 PM »
Palpitations are harmless. I have had them for 12 years now. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »
I've had palps since childhood but during my twenties, I went through a constant bout of them. Non stop, day and night for several weeks that turned out to be two months. Went to the doctor and nothing was found that was causing them except anxiety. Having excess adrenaline in your system from anxiety can cause bouts of non stop palps. I recommend that you start and exercise routine, like walking to burn off the adrenaline since you can't rest it away. It help the palps stop sooner.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline memphisGuy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 05:07:07 PM »
This is getting weird, it's effecting my sleeping etc. I wake up with my heart absolutely pounding. It even starts ponding when I urinate and even just sitting down I can feel these (what feels like) dips in my heartbeat...
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »
Palpitations are the dips and pounding heart is just pounding heart, a very common symptom of anxiety. I've had then pounding heart all week and yes, it pounds when sitting up, even just turning over in the bed can make you feel it. Its uncomfortable but harmless. Have you spoken to your doctor about your symptoms? It might help me as a your anxiety if a professional can explain the different cardio symptoms anxiety can cause. Waking up with a pounding heart means you had an anxiety episode in your sleep.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline memphisGuy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 06:14:55 PM »
My mom just got me  Zantac (150) do any of you prefer this? I'm thinking all of this could possibly be Gerd related also. Sometimes I have these episodes where I feel that dreadful feeling and after a while I just end up burping and it gets a little bit better. I also throw up in my sleep sometimes (well, awake, then throw up) often from something I ate. What is scaring me though is that I dont want to take this while Im having palps and have bad side effects, thus making my palps worse and something bad happening... and Thank you all for your responses so far!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: