Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Extreme fear of death  (Read 85 times)

Offline mikeyafraid

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Extreme fear of death
« on: July 05, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »
Here i am, a story we probably all heard of, googling symptoms put me here. After a few thousand in medical expenses. After sleepless nights of desperately trying to cope with this fear. It always lingers in the back of my head. I need a support group.  I looked for health anxiety on google and found this support group i would like to be a part of. Please accept me into the community as i am an extreme sufferer of hypochondria. I need help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Extreme fear of death
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 01:21:05 PM »
Hello Mikey.  Welcome to Anxiety Zone...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Mikey, you are in good company.  You will find on the Health Anxiety/Hypochondria section of the forum, many, many individuals in the same boat as you are.

It's good to have you here as a member.  The very best to you, Mikey!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NKors

• Just Joined!
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
Mike,

You are not alone in that fear. My name is Nat and that is my major trigger when it comes to my anxiety/panic attacks. In fact, I had one the other night that was bad enough that I feared i would end up in the hospital. I'm still shaky and I have a call in to my shrink to tweak my meds to get me more balanced. I've been doing as much self care as needed and doubling up my Xanax to get me through. I hate being this afraid and I don 't know what to do about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 02:27:51 PM »
Welcome Mikey.  I hear you.  I'm paying off so much in medical bills from all the tests I've had to go for that have turned up nothing.   I don't even remember how I came across this forum but I do know it's been a really big help to me to see I'm not alone and to talk with other people who can relate and know what I'm going through.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: