Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I must finally let this go - no more testing to be done  (Read 165 times)

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I must finally let this go - no more testing to be done
« on: July 05, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »
As some of you know I have been plagued by neurological symptoms on and off for 10 years.  The symptoms have gone away twice, but have been constant now for 3 years.  Horrible to say the least.  I had been tested extensively with nothing sinister ever being found - actually, no cause at all has ever been found.  But, regardless, for the past 3 years I have been mortified.  So, I finally convinced my doctor to send me to one of the best neurologists in Toronto and had testing like I never knew existed - 6 hours of neurological testing, 15 tubes of blood taken etc... One blood test showed an elevated protein and apparently this isn't good, so as a result I was told to have a bone scan, have a blood test that was sent to Europe for evaluation, and told to see a hematologist.  I figured I was toast when I heard this.  I thought there is no way this could have a good outcome.  Well this week I saw the hematologist and he assured me the blood result meant nothing, but did further blood work anyway.  All the subsequent results have come back normal.  Yay!

I guess I am posting this to let everyone know that even the seemingly scariest, protracted symptoms can be benign.  I even asked the neurologist if the prickly skin sensations I was experiencing on my legs could be anxiety related and she said 'yes'. So, I guess it is time for me to let this all go and start focussing on life instead of illness.  Maybe, just maybe, the symptoms will go away. 

Good health to everyone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: I must finally let this go - no more testing to be done
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »
holy hot dang! if that doesn't convince you it's probably anxiety related I'm not sure what will.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline LASD

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
So...uhh, how can I get these tests done?! Haha jk, glad you go the extra assurance
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 03:51:10 PM »
yes, I agree, green.  It is really time you let all of this go.    :yes:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: