Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Body tension in public  (Read 100 times)

Offline Cain1980

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Body tension in public
« on: July 04, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »
Anyone have massive body tension in crowded public spaces? It's as if my fight or flight response goes into overdrive when I'm in crowded spaces with groups of people. My brain starts to become hyper-vigilant in search of people attempting to assault me. I sense the potential for violence and confrontation stronger than most people. I'm not too bad in private 1-on-1 settings with people.

I've been diagnosed with chronic subjective dizziness, which has made my sensitivity to crowded spaces 100x worse. I'm literally a ball of tension. I actually start trembling and getting dizzy, the ground begins to move up and down.

It would help if someone could relate to this.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Body tension in public
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:42:07 AM »
I always say we are like a cat that sees a dog. You ever see the way it stands up on all four paws and the hair on its body stands up too. That is us when out. Tension and stress combined. Like the body telling us that we are ready for a fight. At best you could practice in certain public places. Library would be a great place. It is not a loud place. Wouldn't have all those voices and the normal noise you get elsewhere. Just see can sit in the library for ten minutes. Read a book. But take in things around you. You will still probably feel bad. Normal feelings that come with anxiety. But ask yourself ' where is the real danger in this library '? Reason with your own thoughts. Try and reach the point where you accept there is no real danger. It is a quiet place. Build up the time over a period of time. Twenty minutes on the second visit. We slowly build it up. Sounds easy. But it will be a challenge to a person with your problems.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: