Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: It's my party, but I'm in the basement beathing...  (Read 206 times)

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It's my party, but I'm in the basement beathing...
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »
Everybody else is upstairs celebrating my birthday. I have to get away and breathe and be alone. Anxiety sucks so much. I'll go back upstairs in a bit, but right now I just need to relax before my shaking becomes too noticeable. My chest is like a vice and I'm dizzy. The evening is just getting started. FML. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline howifeel

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Guilt is not a feeling but a verdict.
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's my party, but I'm in the basement beathing...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 08:58:56 PM »
I hate that feeling. It's the worst. The day will not be the disaster you may be imagining.

You won't ruin the party. If anything, those who would notice you shaking would most likely want to encourage you.
Bookmark and Share
I do things to feel better, I don't wait to feel better to do things.

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »
Hugs to you..... You'll be okay. You just needed to take some time for yourself. Take care of you....and the rest will follow. We're all here for you.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 12:27:39 AM »
I had to take a few time-outs to get through the evening, but everybody has finally gone home. This is the perfect emoticon for me right now:  :dazed:

I'm mentally exhausted, and my stomach hurts from being so tense for so long, but I did have fun watching all the kids have such a great time watching fireworks. I think I'm ready for bed, though. It's been a long day. I hear people setting off fireworks, but I don't think they'll keep me awake tonight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 12:53:58 AM »
Oh no...you feel like  :dazed: ! I'm glad you enjoyed the kids watching the fireworks. I'm sure you'll sleep through them tonight! Feel better, Toasted!!! Happy Birthday Again! :sign0060: :sign0184: :jumping0009: :banana:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Paws

• The Fabulous
  • Rec's: 1
  • Kitties!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »
Oh derps! Anxiety is a cruel mistress. It pokes its ugly head whenever something big is happening in our lives. and replaces everything we should feel like ( excitement, happiness, etc ) with less than desirable emotions. I loved some of the advices I've seen you handing, mr Butter, and they're brilliant. You have the means and the knowledge to handle anxiety. Given more time, I'm positive you can wrestle it into submission.

As for your party, don't let the doubts get too heavy. All kinds of people need breaks from something. Your folks might not have noticed your absence, and you were very brave for going back in there. I would've done the same. Take a minute in the bathroom, put a smile on my face, REMIND MYSELF that this is a one-time occasion to have fun and go back. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but if you give your brain enough of a kick to make it realize how improper anxiety is for that situation, you will be making progress.

I wish you the best of luck in the future. Here's to success and happiness  :happy0180: :sign0111: :party-smiley-015:
Bookmark and Share
Work hard, and slack harder.

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »
Well I don't know if it was the anxiety or something I ate (or maybe both) but I was sick all night last night. Severe nausea and stomach cramps all night, making it very hard to sleep, and when I don't sleep it makes it even harder to control the anxiety. Thoughts kept creeping into my head as I laid there trying to sleep, like maybe I'm dying and the nausea and anxiety are symptoms of some mysterious ailment. Of course this makes no sense, but when you're delirious from pain and exhaustion almost anything seems plausible. This morning I did some extra meditation to try to recalibrate myself. Ugh...
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »
What did you eat? B-;

Yes, pain, exhaustion, and anxiety are a recipe for making anything seem plausible! :sprachlos020:
Are you recalibrated now? Do you think being the center of attention had anything to do with it?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: