Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Not sure how to deal with this  (Read 184 times)

Offline KellboRose

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Not sure how to deal with this
« on: July 04, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
I've had anxiety issues for as long as I can remember but about a year ago I started having the worst panic attacks I've ever had. Before I would feel overwhelmed with anxiety when I went out or had to be around people then it got to the point that I was having panic attacks at home every day and felt like I was dying.  I started seeing a counselor about a few months ago and I've been feeling a lot better.  I haven't had a panic attack in a while and I've been feeling more confident in dealing with the anxiety. This last week I've been under more stress than usual though and I feel like every day I'm finding it harder to deal with the anxiety. I feel like I'm losing my confidence to deal with it and I'm starting to worry about having panic attacks again.I just started getting better and now I feel like I'm getting worse again. I'm not sure how to stay on track. I'm feeling overwhelmed with things at the moment. I'm not sure how to deal with recent stressful events without letting them undo the progress I've made.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not sure how to deal with this
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:32:19 AM »
Case of going back to basics. Remember everything you learned in therapy. If we are hit with stress we can easily forget all we have been taught. Like our mind's go blank. I am not sure of your problems exactly. But is there anyway to break them down? That is if it is more than one issue causing you this stress. We can dive in and try and deal everything all at once. Which only makes it worse. Or we can break it down. Make it into a number of smaller problems. We deal with one at a time. Also remember how well you were doing. This is something you can't forget. I can't stress this enough. You have what it takes to get through this. Have to just do what you learned over the past few months. Trust it and trust in yourself to be able to do it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline KellboRose

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not sure how to deal with this
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 10:03:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I'm waiting to see a new counselor at the moment because the one I was seeing left and I've been trying to deal with things on my own for now. I don't think I was doing to bad but I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with things and worrying that I might not be able to handle it instead of reminding myself that I have been. The problems I have at the moment aren't really in my control and because I just started feeling better recently I started losing confidence that I could deal with it.  I posted on here because I think I just needed some advice from someone who gets it. Most of the people I know either don't understand anxiety or just don't want to know about it so talking to them just makes me feel worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: