Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: almost on a week at 50mg zoloft...  (Read 77 times)

Offline zav4999

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
almost on a week at 50mg zoloft...
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
so last week I started Zoloft for my chronic anxiety and I started at 25mg the first week. It did seem to make me less anxious right away an for most that week, i'm guessing it was because in my mind I knew I finally was brave enough to start it and I didn't have any side effects. So last sunday I upped it to the 50mg I was prescribed and i'll admit it hasn't been like the 25mg. I wouldn't necessarily say it caused more anxiety but I noticed my anxiety was on high alert most the week an a little bit of stomach issues but it hasn't effected my sleep which is good. So it's been a week on it and since I've still felt anxious I start thinking "oh no this med isn't going to help me with my anxiety, why do I still feel the same" but I know it takes many weeks to start benefitting from it. I just feel discouraged that I won't get any benefit out of this med because I still feel anxious but I know I need to give it time. I hope it makes me feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: almost on a week at 50mg zoloft...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »
Hi Zav - I could have written your post myself. I feel exactly the same. First week 25mg seemed to feel a little better. Went to 50 and I getting anxiety again. I think it's just the way Sertraline works. Gotta stick with it. It's our anxiety that makes us second guess. In the beginning it will increase your anxiety some. But it is going to work for you - and me too. Hang in there friend.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: almost on a week at 50mg zoloft...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »
Give it some time. It can make your anxiety worse at first (mine went through the roof for the first few weeks) but once I was at 75 mg for a couple of weeks I noticed a huge difference. I am now at 125 mg and almost have my life back completely. It is hard in the beginning, but the drug needs weeks to be able to do it's job. The worst thing you can do for yourself is quit before it starts working.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: