Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sepsis/UTI/Kidney Infection  (Read 210 times)

Offline HeatherJoy11

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sepsis/UTI/Kidney Infection
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:55:18 AM »
I have been doing great for a while, but now, my HA is back with a vengeance. Last year I had a few UTI's with a bacteria called proteus and it scared me. Urologist seemed ok with it, but I just kept reading about it over and over. Well, it went away.

But as of 2 days ago, I have another UTI with proteus and I'm freaking myself out. I woke up this morning with panic. I'm scared it will go to my kidney, then cause sepsis, and I'm almost to the point of making myself cry.

WTH? Why do I do this? I want to enjoy the day with my kid and my husband but I'm paralyzed with panic.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sepsis/UTI/Kidney Infection
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 12:33:30 PM »
Hi Heather,

I'm assuming you have seen your doc for this current UTI and are now on antibiotics?  If not, please go get some antibiotics.  Also, maybe ask for pyridium to help with the painful and frequent urination a UTI brings.  If you don't have that, go to your local drug store or Walmart and get a product called AZO to help with relieving the symptoms.  The antibiotic should kick in soon for you!!!  Hang in there and try to enjoy this 4th of July!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ANXY-WOR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:41:58 PM »
LATE reply. ...but I'm going Exactly what you are going through.  I was diagnosed with a uti a couple of days ago. ...got 3 days worth of antibiotics and the burning seemed to stop but NOW it's my kidney hurting =( I don't want to Google but I'm terrified as to what it could be I'm totally freaking out and to make matters worse I've been experiencing headaches and sharp shooting pains and pangs on the right side of me head I just don't wanna jump to conclusions right away I don't want to awaken there hypochondriac in me =( I was doing so well....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »
Anxy-Wor, did they do a culture?  It could be the med they gave you won't work for the type bacteria.  It takes 48 - 72 hours for a culture to grow so give them a call and make sure you're on the right med and mention your kidney pain while talking to them. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: