Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Having bad headaches, does anyone else get this with anxiety?  (Read 106 times)

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well I was told by my doctor that I indeed don't have MS(said the emg would of showed muscle damage to my arms if the pain was from MS), so I now feel more relaxed and have felt better the last 2 days, but for the past week or so I have been getting headaches almost every day.  It feels like pressure on the left side of my brain and then it aches as well.  SO my question is, do any of you fellow anxiety sufferers get this as well?  I use to suffer from migraines when I was younger, and now only get those occasionally, but this is no migraine.  It's not as intense as a migraine but is still pretty intense.

Thanks again you guys!  = )
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Having bad headaches, does anyone else get this with anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 05:36:36 AM »
Headaches is very common with anxiety. I would say nearly all people have had them at one time or another. Don't let your mind take over and imagine it is something worse. Headaches happen with anxiety. That is all it is. Nothing else.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:02:52 AM »
First off yes, headaches are a part of anxiety...because when your over anxious or stressed alot of people hold there tension in there head, neck, shoulders etc. Example, if you have tight, tense upper shoulders....it can radiate up and make the.back of your head hurt.

of headaches can be causes by other BENIGN things, sinuses, migraines, dehydration, stress, needing glasses etc etc..... I will say that I was in your position about 6 months ago. I had terrible headaches for 2 months straight. EVERYDAY. I was in such panic mode that I saw my gp, not one, but two neurologists, and two ER drs. One Dr did a ct scan simply to ease my mind and gave me some migraine meds. And guess what? After I saw a clean ct scan and knew that anything horrible (tumors, bleeds, aneurysms etc), my headaches subsided.

of course I get the occasional migraine or tension headache here and there, but I dont panic about it anymore because I know ill end up in the same anxious mess that I was in 6 months ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:26:15 AM »
Oh yes Chronic Tension Headaches caused by stress and anxiety very painful and there are many things you can do to get some relief.

Stretch the muscles out the back, shoulders and neck then use some moist heat also watch your body posture and how you hold your neck and head when doing things like using a phone or a computer etc.  Drink lots of water helps the muscles.  Also get massages they help a lot!

Take care hope it eases up soon it is very painful .
Bookmark and Share
Let it Go, Let God !

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 11:21:20 AM »
All the time! It is my most common anxiety symptom next to muscle twitching!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »
I often get tension headaches from anxiety too, they're miserable! As hypocritical as this sounds, the more you try to relax and let the fact that you don't feel so well go, the better you'll feel! I hope you feel better soon :)
Bookmark and Share
OCD // Emetephobia // Hypochondria //

Offline HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Angry
    Angry
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »
I get tension headaches almost daily right before I goto bed! I just try to relax and do something to distract my negative thoughts! Headaches are one of the most common symptoms of anxiety!!
Bookmark and Share
"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed." -Eminem

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »
I suffer from major anxiety and when it all started last October, I had a headache daily for about 3 months. Needless to say I assumed it was a brain tumour or something similar only to be told it wasn't (I had a CT and MRI) because I insisted it must be a tumour. Once I was reassured, strangely the headache went! Funny what anxiety can do (not funny haha I might add) as it doesn't feel like fun! Mine felt like someone was pushing down on the top of my head on the left side and despite medications, relaxation, massage, wheat bag on shoulders etc, nothing helped.. until I was told it was nothing to worry about. Just take my word for it, once you relax about it, I expect it will go. I have now moved onto my heart of course!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: