Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Clonzapam and citolapram  (Read 79 times)

Offline Shainatori

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Clonzapam and citolapram
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:37:07 AM »
I am taking clonzapam 1mg 3x daily an the doctor is putting me on 10 mg of citalopram for a week the. Increase to 20 mg is this a good thing ? Anyone else on it ?
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 88
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Clonzapam and citolapram
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 01:38:39 AM »
I am taking clonzapam 1mg 3x daily an the doctor is putting me on 10 mg of citalopram for a week the. Increase to 20 mg is this a good thing ? Anyone else on it ?

Citalopram is the SSRI that most people seem to find the easiest to tolerate so is a good first choice. It is likely to be a better long term bet than clonazepam.

As with all antidepressants it might produce a range of side-effects initially, including heightened anxiety, which is why you're being started on a low dose and the clonazepam should help with this too. It typically takes antidepressants 3-12 weeks to kick-in from the time you begin taking a therapeutic dose which is usually 20mg/day for citalopram.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: