Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Clonzapam and citolapram  (Read 232 times)

Offline Shainatori

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Clonzapam and citolapram
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:37:07 AM »
I am taking clonzapam 1mg 3x daily an the doctor is putting me on 10 mg of citalopram for a week the. Increase to 20 mg is this a good thing ? Anyone else on it ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Clonzapam and citolapram
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 01:38:39 AM »
I am taking clonzapam 1mg 3x daily an the doctor is putting me on 10 mg of citalopram for a week the. Increase to 20 mg is this a good thing ? Anyone else on it ?

Citalopram is the SSRI that most people seem to find the easiest to tolerate so is a good first choice. It is likely to be a better long term bet than clonazepam.

As with all antidepressants it might produce a range of side-effects initially, including heightened anxiety, which is why you're being started on a low dose and the clonazepam should help with this too. It typically takes antidepressants 3-12 weeks to kick-in from the time you begin taking a therapeutic dose which is usually 20mg/day for citalopram.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags:

anything