Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shaking and feeling weak off and on  (Read 188 times)

Offline time2reclaim

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shaking and feeling weak off and on
« on: July 03, 2014, 11:23:51 PM »
Anyone have shaking and weakness in legs and arms? This has been going on for days and is driving me crazy. I also have neck pain. My muscles feel like they are also in spasm off and on.

This started out with me waking up at night with the shakes, sweating and elevated pounding heart rate. Now I pretty much have the shaking most of the day with jelly legs.

Labs are all good and Dr doesn't know what is going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shaking and feeling weak off and on
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:15:45 AM »
I'd keep up with the Dr if it persists or gets worse, but it sounds similar to what I had. Back in March I had those symptoms as well as tiredness and hunger--I felt like I constantly had low blood sugar even though it was fine. I think it was a myriad of problems all rolled in one, none of them serious, but anxiety was the main component. I worried about the symptoms, therefore they persisted. I told myself I would never feel better--that I would be weak and unable to do things for the rest of my life. Most of all, I would be unable to do the job I'd just gotten because of my anxiety, and I could never have a career. The night before my first day I felt my worst yet. I thought there was no way I could keep this job I'd fought so hard to get, but I went and you know what happened? The symptoms went away that day. I -could- do it. So if there's anything that is bothering you, however small or unrelated you think it is, you need to fix it or do whatever you can to make life easier for yourself. Most of all, you need to not worry and make your mind busy. When you see that you can feel better somehow, either through distraction, fixing problems, meds, talking to a therapist, etc, these symptoms will go. Because you know they are nothing to worry about and that you can do it. A lot of anxiety symptoms are there because you are thinking about them--sometimes all we need is distraction to show ourselves that. Once we do, the symptoms don't bother us anymore and fade away :) good luck, I'm sure you will be fine and these feelings will not last
Bookmark and Share

Offline time2reclaim

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:12:45 AM »
Thank you so much for the reply. The symptoms are on my mind a lot which makes it more difficult and I know it leads into a circular thing with he anxiety. Since the episodes started happening at night, I often have a difficulty sleeping. Sometimes I can't sleep over 2 hours a night and sometimes 5. The exhaustion makes it harder too. I'm not sure this is all anxiety so that scares me also. I've been to the ER and the Dr. numerous times. The only thing I haven't checked out was my neck, I do have bulging discs but it is possible the neck pain began After the other symptoms so it may just be anxiety flaring that up again too because I know it can do that. I really don't want the expense of a million more tests if I can get this under control and it is anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dee_tee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »
Hi time2reclaim,

I'm having the exact same symptoms and wanted to see how you were doing?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: