Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Seizure hypochondria  (Read 85 times)

Offline Stick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Seizure hypochondria
« on: July 03, 2014, 07:33:47 PM »
I was doing pretty well with hypochondria. Hadn't had any hypochondriac episodes for a long time...until now. Today I'm worrying about seizures.

I used to have epilepsy, but since "grew out of it." I went for an EEG a while back and was told by my doctor told me everything was ok and I could stop taking medication. But still, every once in a while I start worrying about having another one.

I already had the idea in my head, because it's July and that's around when most of my seizures have occured. I woke up today feeling tired, and I still do. This worried me even more, as tiredness was one of the main triggers of my seizures.

I continue to worry about it now. Every small sensation on my face (I used to get face numbness just before a seizure) worries me, and causes me to touch my face, which only worsens the problem. I almost got over it, until I read on the Internet (from a pretty unrelated search) that some people report a metallic taste in the mouth before a seizure, which I sort of have right now...but I just ate chicken, and I think it could just be the leftover taste of that.

This was kind of a weird rambling post, but anyway, how do I stop worrying about this? Also, I would like to know if anxiety could cause an increased awareness of the sensation on my face, which appear to increase whenever I worry about seizures.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Seizure hypochondria
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:45:34 PM »
I would totally be worried about that too in your situation.  But honestly if the doctors think you're fine you probably are. 

And yes, anxiety definitely causes hyper-awareness. 

There are a lot of good resources on this blog for relaxation techniques that might be helpful for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: