Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does this sound like DVT?  (Read 131 times)

Offline skleep

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does this sound like DVT?
« on: July 03, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »
OK, so my latest obsession is DVT. awesome.

I'm 24 and otherwise healthy but I am on birth control and occasionally I wear corsets for fashion.  I've also taken long flights before.

I get a VERY mild ache on the inner area of my left knee (like where the knee touches my right knee). Sometimes this pain also happens behind the knee, in the calf, or even on my other leg.  There are some reticular (visible) veins on both legs, but bulging or grotesque, plus I am quite thin and light skinned so it could just be that.  The pain doesn't seem specific to walking or moving- it happens randomly and frequently but it's not constant.  I'm not sure if it's DVT, a pinched nerve, or totally in my head.  It's such a mild pain (barely could call it pain) that there's a good chance I'm imaginging it- but sometimes it crops up when I'm not even thinking about it.

I don't have the swelling, severe pain or redness associated with DVT.  What do you guys think?

Also, is it true that spider veins on the ankle are always caused by something serious?  I have some mild spider veins on my ankle but they're unchanging and have been there for years...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does this sound like DVT?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »
DVTs aren't shy things.  You would have severe pain, swelling and discoloration.  You probably have some sort of minor stress injury.

I never heard that about spider veins on the ankles - I think they're pretty common on the legs and feet so I don't think it's something to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does this sound like DVT?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »
I have had DVT. It was a large DVt. It went down the left leg. I have the left overs  of it now. I wear a strong compression garment each day so I can walk without the leg getting too tired.
My leg swelled. It got red and hot and I had the hardest time even walking. They at first said either groin pull or DVT. I was really going for groin pull.
Trust me the pain made itself known.
It is now almost 14 yrs later. I was on coumadin for 2 1/2 yrs. I hemorrhaged and had to be taken off. I was put on progesterone to help stop the bleeding. I am still on progesterone. The progesterone is helping as I go thru perimenopause.

You can never tell if it is a DVt or not. So if you want see if your doctor will do a dopplar but from the sounds of what you write it doesn't sound like it but I am not a doctor and only you can really tell.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: