Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: has anyone experienced this before?  (Read 90 times)

Offline ThomasForces

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
has anyone experienced this before?
« on: July 03, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
July 3rd

I woke up anxious, scatter brained, tired and immediate what if questions and looking right into how I feel. I felt a little queezy.

I went out today with my mom to two stores, at first I was pretty happy cause I hadn't been out in a while.
That fell through pretty quickly, 10 minutes into the first store from what I'm assuming is hypervigilance I would see something in the corner of my eye and immediately zoom into it to see what it was, if I saw something bright or if something moved suddenly I would zoom in on it and immediately my mind was like "was that a hallucination?" Cause it never turned out to be what it kinda looked like when the caught my attention and a lot of negative thinking persued.

It's things like that when paired with DP/DR that really make everyday hard to deal with.

After a full day of this it feels I become more sensitive to ithe and the worse it gets.

I feel:

Unreal
Detached
Edgy
Possibly paranoid
Extremely cautious
Different/weird
Everything that is around me feels kinda of like it has no importance or lack of interest or scare of it for no reason or it feels different/weird.
Second guess everything I say/see/feel
Almost feel different about a lot of things.

Another thing I have noticed is when I say/do/express something I always analyze it immediately and try to decide whether or not it's crazy or linked to something that's more severe or some other disorder.
It's almost like obsession. That's what it feels like, it'd hard to explain.

All this usually lasts all day everyday and varies in severity.

When I experience all of these things I feel as though I should be reacting differently like in the past I know this would cause me a panic attack, but lately my reactions aren't the same..they seem to be bottled up and my reaction to the feelings and visuals is just more of the same thing.

This all seems unusual, has anyone ever experienced this before?
What is this?

Please comment soon, thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TopBananas

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: has anyone experienced this before?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »
Sounds a lot like what I'm going through right now - almost expecting a psychotic symptom or something really bad to happen. I know exactly what you mean, things feel different and weird, and I'm guessing you convince yourself that you're going mad? I've just posted my experience in the GAD section - It's reassuring to know that you're not alone.

Hypervigilance is definitely something that i have, every little thing that normally wouldn't be noticed is latched upon by the mind, it's very distressing. I'm sure everything will be fine - it's hard to reassure myelf of this sometimes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:13:35 PM »
Something really simple that I read one time that really helped me a lot is 'crazy people don't know they're going crazy.' If you're aware that things may feel like they're spinning out of control, then you're probably more equipped than you know it to deal with this. Anxiety is the crazy one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ThomasForces

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
Top bananas it's literally like that, it seems like my mind is trying to convince itself that ithe is with everything that I see notice or say. It's really hard to deal with.

Sometimes too even though I have been reassured that I'm not by either reading or being told it's like I still have to ask or research or think on it.

Yeah I have yeah I have read that before but it's like the anxiety consumes that and it's hard to believe almost.
This whole ordeal is absolutely terrifying. It really does feel like I'm nuts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ThomasForces

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »
One thing I have forgot to add aswell,

I have two dogs and I have onever in particular that has annoying habits.
I always have to firmly tell her no, sometimes I get a little agitated and kinda raise my voice, I react largely to that, the anger itself does not feel good and I don't feel good yelling either. But it's like when I do that I worry about one day snapping and hurting them.

It's scary.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: