Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 65 times)

Offline Amyx

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone!
« on: July 03, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
Hi, I'm Amy and 18 years of age.
I saw a therapist for 15 months and a psychiatrist twice. I was discharged from camhs ten months ago. I grew very dfond of my therapist she helped me a great deal. At first she believed I had health anxiety due to my worries about headaches and physical pains, due to me having a spinal condition and seeing my mom in a great amount of pain from surgery from the same condition. I also had a big phobia of being sick, my self esteem was also very low. With my time with the therapist I achieved a lot of issues and overcome then, during the difficult,t process. My self esteem is much better and I have been able to do presentations on my own at college, my phobia of sick has been reduced, and overall anxiety was better. She believed as she got to know me it wasn't health anxiety. I saw the psychiatrist for insomnia which I still suffer with greatly and been on and off zoplicone. He suggested on had anti depressants which I have refused. I was angry with him when he gave me the diagnosis of somatoform disorder just because I naturally worry about having surgery like my mom due to having the same condition. I reported him for this unfairness and he admitted he was wrong and retracted it. Since then I have been fine, getting on with my life, completing college, facing fears, achieving great grades, despite the lack of sleep and having continuous headaches.

I left college two weeks ago and hoping to go to uni in September to study psychology as now I want to help others. Although I now know I have to face other anxieties such as buses and becoming more independent. These past two weeks off college I've noticed the amount of pains I experience in my body, head pains, tenderness on head, leg pains and being constantly tired. I have been feeling low in mood, family think its because I have too much time to think, I am a deep thinker, hence why I don't sleep well. I gave been walking, swimming and doing crafts, driving lessons anything to stop ,myself sinking into depression really. I don't have many close friends,just the odd one or two who into swimming with. This gets me down. Basically I'm just worried maybe the doctors were right about health anxiety. I don't know. My mom suffers chronic pain and can't work due to it,so she does moan a lot in the day about pain, which triggers off my own thoughts. For an 18 year old my body feels about 50 sometimes. Guess I just need a vent, I don't know whats normal, is it normal to feel like this at 18?do I need help? I don't know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »
Welcome Amy, I'm recently new here too.  Out of curiosity what makes you refuse anti depressants?   I think 18 years of age in a perfect situation is STILL cause for anxiety.  Lots of change and all that.  As someone who has anxiety about my health with no real reason to, I can only imagine what it would be like if I had someone I cared about suffering from chronic pain.  Keeping yourself active though definitely sounds like a good thing unless it's causing you more pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Amyx

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:06:47 PM »
Hi, yes thats what I thought a lot is changing in my life. I feel against against antidepressants for me personally isn't the right thing, my therapist used to say how determined I am, and how far I have got without meds. There fore in don't want to 'give in' I'd be worried I'd be on it for the rest of my life. Although some activities are causing my back to ache more I feel I need to doing fprnmy mental health. Yes having someone with pain surrounded with you all day is very triggering and difficult, although i know its not my moms fault.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: