Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you hate your job and too scared to leave? What would you rather do?  (Read 97 times)

Offline Jeff Claassen

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff Claassen and I am new here.  I have struggled with anxiety for most of my life.

Until recently I was employed at a job that I enjoyed with good people.  Unfortunately I left to try something else and it did not work out.

Now I am stuck in a job that I hate, but am too scared to leave.  I feel tired, unmotivated, and anxious when I am at work.  I know I can do more with my life, I want flexibility with my job so I can spend more time with my wife.

I want to start an online business or something.

How many of you hate your job?  If so what would you rather do?  What fears are holding you back?  How do you cope with these fears?
Bookmark and Share

Offline flyaway

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I can relate to your position, Jeff! I left a job with people I adore but found very boring, as I'd been doing it for too long, for a different role, which made me very unhappy.

Leaving was not an option, so instead I started setting short and long term goals.  My goal is to move overseas to work for at least a year, with a view to settle permanently.  I've looked at costs, logistics, debt I need to clear before I can do this, and have clear steps as to how I can achieve this, and when.

Having a goal in mind, and knowing my days in a less than ideal job is helping me reach that goal, has been hugely beneficial.

I still have fears - what if I hate it overseas? What if I can't find a job? But it's all about doing research, and preparing yourself!

There's no guarantee that any of this will work out, but it's worth a shot :)

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: job Hate