Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What is it about going to sleep before I am ready to that makes me wake up  (Read 115 times)

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
very anxious?

Last night, I went to bed, though I wasn't as sleepy as I'd hoped to be, it took me a while to fall asleep, lots of tossing and turning, eventually, I drifted off. but when I woke up, my anxiety was through the roof, it still really hasn't gone away.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Is this the same every time you wake up? As some people suffer from morning anxiety. Others night time anxiety. You ever hear of a mood light? It is a light that mimics the sun. It slowly gets brighter and even has a few sound effects. It wakes you up slowly and in a nice way. Just one idea that could be tried out. Never really too sure if people with morning anxiety are like that, because they wake up and think ' not another day '. This thought may be in their head already. That they have to go through another day. They expect the normal anxiety. Thought might be already there as you wake up.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
No actually it's not, I normally feel groggy and can't keep my eyes open when I get up, when I end up falling asleep before I'm truly tired, I get up, like instant energy, I feel totally anxious..

I mean, I still have anxiety when I am groggy too, but it's worse when I seem to have that instant energy..

and when I do this, I can't shake the anxiety for many hours afterwards..

I'd been wondering if music or some kind of sound effect might help me wake up with less anxiety though, I'd have to think about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
For years, I woke to a buzzer alarm.  But I noticed it made me nervous.  So I gradually switched over to waking to news radio.
But you couldwake to a nice music station.  I would test it out on weekends first in case you sleep through it.  Got to get the volume right.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: