Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Keep freaking out about major illness  (Read 122 times)

Offline Nicole97

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Keep freaking out about major illness
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:26 AM »
Back at the end of May, I had some bad stomach issues.  Two mornings in a row, woke up with very bad pain - ate something and felt MUCH better.  Then the 3 day, threw up food right before bedtime (but it was NOT the food I had just eaten, it was from many hours earlier).  My doctor decided then that it was likely an ulcer and he gave me carafate.  It did calm down though I still have lingering flank pain. At the time, there was trace blood in my urine, but they decided it was no big deal because I was 4 days past the end of my period.  Then 2 weeks ago, I had this horrible neck pain along with nausea.  I went to Immediate Care. They thought the neck pain was a sprain in the trapezious muscle. They gave me muscle relaxers and did a CT of my neck/head (which was fine).  The muscle relaxers did help the neck, but the nausea is STILL there (I'm have taken the muscle relaxers in a week) and I still have dull flank pain on both sides as well as pain right in the middle of my back near my spine.  Not bad pain, but pretty consistent.  I did go to my (new) doctor. She thought it might be gallbladder related so sent me for an ultrasound.  During the ultrasound, they looked at my gallbladder, my pancreas, my liver and the right side kidney. That came back normal, but they also did another urine sample and it again came back with trace blood.  ?She wants me to come back and give her a new sample.  All other bloodwork (CBC and basic metabolic) is perfectly normal.  But between the fact that it's likely that blood has been there over a month, the intermittent nausea AND the mild flank pain, I'm FREAKING out.  I KNOW in my head that it's likely nothing serious, BUT I did the STUPID thing in May when the issues began and I googled.  So NOW I am VERY aware that there are all kinds of cancers and major illnesses that start off with either mild or no symptoms similar to these.  It's causing me to get hysterical and it's affecting my life in a very real way.  Can someone please help?  I do trust my doctor - it's not a matter of not believing what she might say, but she's making me wait a week to redo the sample and it was her nurse that called to tell me, so I got no reassurance or explanation.  Has anyone had similar things? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicole97

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Keep freaking out about major illness
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:37:31 AM »
Someone?  Anyone? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicole97

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »
If anyone can help, it would really be appreciated!  Mostly just freaking out about the microscopic blood in urine and dull flank/middle back pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 7
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 03:11:30 PM »
Small traces of blood in the urine sometimes happen for no reason at all. It's happened to a friend of mine.

Another one had a slight UTI which Antibiotics resolved.

As for the back pain, if you've had all those tests and everything is fine, then it seems to be your anxiety. Anxiety can heighten pain and make it more intense. It also can cause pain, because we are always tense sometimes. Wish I could be of more help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicole97

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »
I kept thinking it must be a UTI, it would fit with the back pain even and then the trace blood, but when I've had them before, there's always been the frequency and the burning, neither of which I'm having.  I know I'm being ridiculous, but I have 3 little girls and I constantly worry about taking care of them!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 7
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
I kept thinking it must be a UTI, it would fit with the back pain even and then the trace blood, but when I've had them before, there's always been the frequency and the burning, neither of which I'm having.  I know I'm being ridiculous, but I have 3 little girls and I constantly worry about taking care of them!

My neighbor gets frequent UTI's and never has burning or frequency at all. She just gets a little tired. She never gets back pain with it.

Perhaps you are feeding into what you already know.... that train of irrational thinking!!! 

You've gotten reassurance from doctors, so now it's time to let go and trust in them!!! You're fine. Really! :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicole97

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 03:22:53 PM »
Lol i think that is the problem, I haven't gotten reassurance from the doctors yet.  I still have to go in in a week for another urine test to see if there is still blood.  When I was called about it the a couple days ago, they just said there was trace blood and I need to come in and give another sample.  NO explanation, nothing.  It was a rather unfriendly nurse that called. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: