Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart Fear  (Read 104 times)

Offline genesix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart Fear
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:07:31 AM »
The story so far...I've had 3 stress test (including a nuclear stress test) in the past 2 years, various EKG's and all say my heart is fine.  I do have high blood pressure and slightly elevated chosterol levels (both taking meds for).  I know i have a hiatal hernia and anxiety and I know that can those cause the various symptoms I feel, chest paint, left arm pain, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting and sweating.  Every pain or sensation sends my mind reeling about a heart attack.  I've been to the ER so many times, the doctors just send the PA out to talk to me now.  I take Ativan when it gets really bad and that helps a little, but I don't want to rely on it.  I've tried therapy, hypnosis, breathing techniques and spent hundreds on anxiety books and programs.  Logically I know it's not, so why am up wondering if the chest pain I'm feeling is cardiac related? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Faron79

• Rock-n-Roller!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Silly
    Silly
  • Thoughts CANNOT harm you...therefore fear cannot..
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Fear
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »
How about substituting a different thought when a twinge or pain starts?? :yes:
Such as..."I'm being cared for...", and/or "NO ONE has a heart-attack for 2 years...!!"
 :sprachlos020:

EVERYONE has pain & twinges!
>>> If you didn't...you'd be dead. Pain is part of...LIFE!
(Read those sentences 20 times...)
Is EVERYONE having heart-attacks?? OF COURSE NOT! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!

I say this because I've been thru it! I'm 52:
* Had tonsils out in late 60's. Still alive...
* Damn near died from Spinal-Menengitis ~ 1971, when I was 10. Still alive...
* MCL Knee-Ligament surgery Nov. 1978 (HS-Football !). Still alive...
* A-fib incident in Aug. 2007. Hospitalized 2 nights. On medication & medical-care, including a C-PAP machine for sleep-apnea. Still alive...
* Inguinal Hernia surgery (9/2010). Still alive...
* Leg-vein surgeries (varicose-veins) Fall 2012. Still fine...
* Every couple years as a smart precaution, my Cardiologist does a Heart-Ultrasound. Doin' fine...
* I've had left-shoulder pain for 20 years. Chiro gets it worked through! Just something I've gotta live with...
* Scheduled for TKR (Total-Knee-Repl.) this Sept....see point #3 here  :spineyes: !

So...as you see...I've dealt with a lot of pain over the years. So has almost EVERY PERSON ALIVE.

My heart-issues are fine, but did cause moderate anxiety-issues for a while. Went to a good CBT, & together with Zoloft, I KNOW I'm fine. :happy0151:
You have to CHALLENGE how you think about things, & stop seeking safety & re-assurance all the time. That just deepens the spiral!!

Why did I type all this?
You'll figure it out... :yes: :winking0008:

Regards,
Faron
Bookmark and Share

Tags: