Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Vitamins?  (Read 161 times)

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vitamins?
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »
Are there any vitamins, sprays, lotions, oils, ect that you recommend that help with your anxiety?

Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vitamins?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:29:26 AM »
Welcome!

I've heard that some people taking a Vitamin-B Complex, which can be beneficial. Fish Oil is also known to be beneficial. Others say that certain amino acids can be beneficial, such as L-Theanine.

Your best bet is to try engaging in exercise and cleaning up your diet first. Supplementation thereafter may not even be necessary.

For depression, many people try St. John's Wort. If you're taking an anti-depressant already, don't take St. John's Wort until you talk to your Psychiatrist, as you could get Serotonin Syndrome.

Another supplement some people take is Valerian Root, but it makes you pretty sleepy. Maybe in certain doses it may help.

I also suggest getting a blood test done that looks into any vitamin deficiencies that you may have.

Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
B Vitamins (B complex) is a great start.

As for amines and herbals, if you're on an SSRI they can be contraindicated, so check with your pharm/doc.

Example: St. Johns Wort, 5HTP, sam-E, should not be taken with SSRI's

Of course, if you're not currently taking meds, then I would add that L-Tyrosine, DL-Phenylalanine, L-Glutamine are helpful for anxiety and depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »
Thank you so much! I will definitely look into all that. I really appreciate your advice :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline White Chocalate

• Take in it Easy
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
Thank you so much! I will definitely look into all that. I really appreciate your advice :)

b-12 SHOTS ....I am telling you it effects my energy and it is also know to combat anxiety. The injection in muscle tissue I get once a month....People with a vitamin B12 deficiency who receive the intramuscular shot generally begin with a dosage of 100 to 1,000 mcg every day or every other day. After one or two weeks, the frequency is stretched to once a month to once every three months. Oral doses of vitamin B12 begin with a daily pill containing 1,000 to 2,000 mcg taken for one or two weeks. The maintenance dose is 1,000 mcg taken every day for the rest of your life.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: