Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: MS fears resurface ugh!  (Read 115 times)

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
MS fears resurface ugh!
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »
Its been a while since I have posted to AZ, its been 5 months since my MS fears started and I have had a roller coaster of emotions with this and I cannot shake the MS fear.

It all started off with random cold/wet sensations that would spread across my legs and arms and even other places. I would be walking around and it felt like someone was spraying cold water on my legs as I would walk around at work. I was really tired all the time and felt weak and I was becoming increasingly anxious having anxiety attacks at home and work almost every day. My anxiety was making me a mess, my heart was racing, I was having palpitations and I was worried something was wrong. A few days later i began to feel a sense of feeling off-balance, when I walked it felt like I was walking on a rocking boat. After googling my symptoms MS popped up and had me freaking out. I had been to my regular doctor multiple times, an ENT and a neurologist over the past couple of months and have had 2 MRI's and a echo-cardiogram. Everything came back negative and my MS fears subsided for a few weeks.

However I still have had these cold tingling sensations and off-balance feeling months later and it still bothers me. My doctor gave me some anti-anxiety medications after I told her I was anxious all the time and also prescribed some vestibular therapy to try and get my balance back. I haven't started vestibular therapy yet because I am still scared about MS. I dont know what to do, I want to go back to my neurologist and ask for more tests.

I want to feel normal again, I am so exhausted of feeling bad.  I want the tingling and off balance to go away so I can exercise again. Any advice please?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: MS fears resurface ugh!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »
If you've had brain MRIs that were negative, it's highly, highly unlikely that you have MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LASD

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »
Do you get tingly when you workout? I do. I brought this up to my neurologist and he said thats normal, and many people experience that
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:55:42 PM »
Hey I currently was fearing I had MS, even with a better than good EMG test on my muscles in my arms, and my family doctor spent more than 25-45 minutes explaining why he KNOWS I don't have MS and it has helped me a lot.  I do trust him as he sincerely took the time to talk to me and was asking questions about my life and how I am feeling.  I know its scary, but do put trust in your doctor/s.  I feel a heck of a lot better.  I do have some pain and tingling going on plus a bad headache again, but I realize it only gets worse when I think its MS.  SO I am trying to just relax and breathe.  It also helps that there are some great people on this board! = )  Don't hesitate to PM if you need to talk or so = )

dave
Bookmark and Share

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »
@LASD  It doesnt happen all that much when i exercise, more when I am walking around work. I havent really worked out since this whole issue has started as it has made me feel off balance and uncomfortable which is really odd considering I was exercising 3-4 days a week prior to my issues.

Bookmark and Share