Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG WITH MY VISION  (Read 423 times)

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG WITH MY VISION
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »
This happened to me as well. I thought I was developing glaucoma or something. Had my eyes checked and they were fine, doctor said maybe some reading glasses might help. They do.

But I later learned that this is a symptom of anxiety:

When we are stressed, our eyes dilate to let in more light. But when they stay dilated due to chronic anxiety then it is hard to focus on fine details because a dilated eye is like a wide-opened aperture on a camera; it lets in lots of light but has a shallow depth of field and can't focus as easily. This is especially noticeable when things are close. This also explains why sometimes things appear more clear than usual, because your eyes are more sensitive to light. It can also cause halos, make you occasionally think you see some light out of the corner of your eye.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »
Two great responses thank you it's EXACTLY HOW I feel. But all day not during panic atttacks. Constant anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »
It normally happens for just a short period of time during high stress, but when you have chronic anxiety it seems to get "stuck" that way for quite a while until your body has reset itself to normal again. It will go back to normal again, you just have to be patient and not worry too much about it. Recognizing it for what it is will be an important step in that direction.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: