Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety left me feeling numb inside  (Read 48 times)

Offline artsyJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety left me feeling numb inside
« on: July 02, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »
I have been managing my anxiety fairly well, placing my hypochondria on the back burner, getting on with my life, sleeping more regular hours....the only problem? I feel absolutely nothing. I am on no medication, and usually deal with it all it all on my own or naturally. I actually cannot remember the last time that I had an actual panic attack. The feelings that I am coping with now include lack of passion, love, joy, hope. Its almost as if nothing feels right anymore? I feel a sense of utter hopelessness and sometimes cry. I feel like screaming even. This is so unlike my anxiety! Normally I am worried about an illness or have a whole host of physical symptoms, now it is purely indifference. I want to feel like everything is normal and like my life is on track. I want to stop feeling this sense of dread and like something bad will happen around every corner. I am terrified but at the same time I do not care. Has anyone else experienced this? Help me please, I feel like I want to run away from my own mind!
Bookmark and Share

Online redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety left me feeling numb inside
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »
I have been managing my anxiety fairly well, placing my hypochondria on the back burner, getting on with my life, sleeping more regular hours....the only problem? I feel absolutely nothing. I am on no medication, and usually deal with it all it all on my own or naturally. I actually cannot remember the last time that I had an actual panic attack. The feelings that I am coping with now include lack of passion, love, joy, hope. Its almost as if nothing feels right anymore? I feel a sense of utter hopelessness and sometimes cry. I feel like screaming even. This is so unlike my anxiety! Normally I am worried about an illness or have a whole host of physical symptoms, now it is purely indifference. I want to feel like everything is normal and like my life is on track. I want to stop feeling this sense of dread and like something bad will happen around every corner. I am terrified but at the same time I do not care. Has anyone else experienced this? Help me please, I feel like I want to run away from my own mind!

I understand what you're going through.

There are a few things that could be going on.

1. Perhaps because you are no longer experiencing anxiety and worry, you are feeling an "emptiness" because you were at one time so caught up in the anxiety, that you didn't know how to feel otherwise.

2. My other thought is perhaps you're depressed. The symptoms you described definitely sound like depression.

I remember when I first went on meds and they finally kicked in. I didn't know what to do with myself! :yes: I felt like there was "something missing" - like a void. But, then I reflected on it and realized that I was getting better. I started getting into hobbies to fill the time that used to be filled with anxiety/OCD.  And, I also learned how to just chill. In other words, I had to learn how to be still ...and not constantly doing something.   :yes:

How long have you been anxiety free? Did you have any time after being anxiety free that you felt happy, motivated, etc?
Those are a few questions to ask yourself and go from there. Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: