Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: just left drs.  (Read 513 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
just left drs.
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
So I saw my  gp today... For one sided ear, neck pain and the pea sized sore spot on my throat. She said throat and ears look fine as far as she can see. Thyroid a bit enlarges, but ive always had that. She is sending me for an ultrasound on the thyroid today.

I asked about throat cancer or a mass or something....  She said not thinking throat cancer because of my age.  Not very convincing. She said in a way it sounds muscular. She said to see what the Ent says tomorrow. Uugghhh the anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: just left drs.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:18:30 AM »
Doesn't mean Cancer at all it happens a lot so try and stay calm and get the test done and then you will see it isn't.

I take Thyroid Meds and my levels are up and down and meds adjusted etc.. so far no Cancer and I an older person lol.

Good Luck and Hang in there you will be just fine!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
I'm not so worried about my thyroid. I've had my enlarged thyroid tested with blood work and scans several times. My mom also has hypothyroidism...and just takes meds for it, so I'm not worried at all.

what I'm worried about is my throat pain (going on 3 weeks to a month now). Its only ONE spot in my throat. It protrudes up my neck and into my ear. And both my gp and am ER Dr say no infection anywhere. I have my Ent appt tomorrow....... I'm really anxious that ill get bad news- throat cancer or something. And I just got out of the thyroid ultrasound.

any support and advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm freaking!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »
Good luck and keep us posted!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 09:05:12 PM »
Ok so update... I got the ultrasound report back and they said my thyroid is completely normal..(which is what I thought). They said as far over towards my neck the ultrasound went, they saw no abnormalities, masses, lesions etc. The Dr is sending the results over to my Ent tomorrow as I have an appt with him at 9am tomorrow.

I feel a little relieved, but still upset that I'm experiencing symptoms this long. if the Ent does a scope in my throat...that will relieve me 100% because that's a sure way to know what is going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 09:22:14 PM »
Ok so update... I got the ultrasound report back and they said my thyroid is completely normal..(which is what I thought). They said as far over towards my neck the ultrasound went, they saw no abnormalities, masses, lesions etc. The Dr is sending the results over to my Ent tomorrow as I have an appt with him at 9am tomorrow.

I feel a little relieved, but still upset that I'm experiencing symptoms this long. if the Ent does a scope in my throat...that will relieve me 100% because that's a sure way to know what is going on.

i am so glad the u/s went well!!! Please ask your ENT to give you a scope, that way you will be 100% relieved! Good luck tomorrow!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »
Thank you  ;D but now I'm scared of what bad news the Ent could give me tomorrow  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Update on Ent appt. So he said the ultrasound he looked at from yesterday looked fine. Then he felt my throat/neck etc. He was very nice and knew how high my anxiety was, but was very rushed. He did the thin microscope tool up my nose and down my throat. Seriously I think I counted 4 seconds and he took it out and said he saw nothing. I'm thinking to myself...did he go down far enough? Did he.see where I was sore? Etc etc.....i asked him 3 times for reassurance..are you sure there is no mass, tumor etc...he said he's positive and actually said I promise. He said my nose/throat look horrendous from allergies, not smoking but that I do have to quit. He said it sounds muscular and allergy related. Would you guys be satisfied with this?
I just wish the damn symptoms would go away!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 06:39:58 PM »
yes I would be satisfied with the doctor's answer.  My view about going to the doctor is that the doctor has much more experience diagnosing problems. He/She know what bad things look like.  I mean that is what he/she does every darn day.  so if I was inclined to second guess or outright think the doc doesn't know his job, I probably wouldn't bother going to the doctor in the first place.

the ones who don't find solace with a clear report are the hypos  :winking0008:

your throat will feel better when 1. you stop paying so much attention to it.  2. when your allergies clear up. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 06:40:40 PM »
After that visit, I personally would be on top of the world!

The scope would have picked up anything that wasn't supposed to be there and your Dr. Even said "I promise". That would have been more than enough for me ;-)

He said that everything looked angry from your allergies.. You obviously have sinus drainage that is irritating your throat.. Nothing else. I'm going thru the same thing right now but it hasn't been confirmed by a Dr yet so I have every reason to be a but anxious.. You? You have your answer.. Rest easy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
Hi six! Here is another place for me to harass you lol  :bigsmile: I know....and wanting a second opinion is also a hypos thoughts! I do feel 80% better about this...but it still sux!
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 06:57:07 PM »
Hi six! Here is another place for me to harass you lol  :bigsmile: I know....and wanting a second opinion is also a hypos thoughts! I do feel 80% better about this...but it still sux!

I know and I do feel alot better-- but I second.guess it a bit because he was soooo quick ...literally the scope was in and out within 4-5 seconds! How much could he really see that quick?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 07:09:21 PM »
my view is still the same as my first answer....  an ent does this every darn day and knows what is a what.  He knows allergies and he knows what are tumors.  so would I second guess?    um, nope. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »
Thanks six, and everyone else!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: