Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Leaving for vacation tomorrow and having a bad HA episode.  (Read 110 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
I'm leaving for a week and a half long beach vacation tomorrow and my health anxiety is out of control. I started having pain in my gallbladder area tonight. It was in my right rib cage and went right through to my right shoulder blade. When I pushed on the area it hurt. Like a dull pressure pain not really sharp. The pain was maybe a 3-4. More uncomfortable than anything. It's gone now but I'm so terrified this could be gallbladder C or a polyp on it or something that causes these random pains. I want to enjoy my vacation but I think I'm going to be a wreck the whole trip. The pain is gone now. It's very possible I could have gall stones from 4 pregnancies but I'm so afraid it's C. I'm beside myself with this phobia.  :traurig001:
Then my PanCan fear creeps in too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Leaving for vacation tomorrow and having a bad HA episode.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
Last month it was colon cancer-you need to get help for your anxiety-your kids deserve more as we have said before.  you're to young to spend your life living this way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »
That does not sound like a gallbladder attack to me. I am sure you are fine. Our bodies do all kinds of crazy things. I have a sluggish gallbladder and it does not sound like you are having an attack or like gallbladder Cancer to me. Sometimes I get random pains in the stomach and gallbladder areas. Ironically, it is one of the few pains that I really can look at rationally and don't worry about with my HA.

Honestly, look at your vacation this way. Do you want to spend your entire vacation worrying, not taking in the little moments with your kids? Every day that we have is a gift. Every moment has the opportunity to be great and special and something that your children will cherish forever. Try to do some guided meditation tonight, calm your mind, and think about all the wonderful memories that you are going to create over the next week or two with your family.

You are in control. You have the capability to set aside this fear and look forward to a wonderful two weeks. You are going to have a great trip and create great memories. Just keep telling yourself that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:44 AM »
Hey Lindsey after the battery of testing you just went through along with your blood work please be confident that everything is ok. You are fine it's prob just ibs or something simple. Don't let this ruin your vacation for you and your family. Doesn't sound like anything sinister to me. I had the same pain last year and was diagnosed with ibs. Your fine, go to the beach and come home with a fresh outlook and a killer tan. God bless
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »
You're just anxious because of your trip - that's super common in people with HA (I'm guessing with other forms of anxiety too). 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: