Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Today is my bad day  (Read 285 times)

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Today is my bad day
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 06:22:15 PM »
Ha!  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
I'm glad I got that out of my system!

PS...I see a thing that says "Rec's" near members names. What is that? I see one by my name, too. ??? :action-smiley-065: I clicked mine but nothing happens. Just curious. :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »
I think it's short for "recommendations" and when somebody give you a thumbs-up it adds one to the number. I gave you a thumbs-up for your recommendations about how to use the saline spray. You're welcome. :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
I think it's short for "recommendations" and when somebody give you a thumbs-up it adds one to the number. I gave you a thumbs-up for your recommendations about how to use the saline spray. You're welcome. :laugh3:

So that's what it's for! COOL. Thanks for my first thumbs up! :action-smiley-065:

:action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »
More than four hours into the allergy meds, I'm still not noticing any negative side effects which is good because I tend to be hypervigilant about drug reactions and side effects. I'm breathing easier, but still have all the vertigo and ears feel plugged, headache is still there but feels more distant. Hurts mostly behind my eyes and in my ears. I still have that feeling when I hear loud sounds like they're intruding into my very skull, but the general anxiety is not so close to the bubbling-over feeling that I had earlier. I'm hopeful that the allergy tablet is helping and that it just needs time to do its thing.

Meanwhile, my wife went to the osteo and he sent her back to the hospital again for CAT scans because her ribs are separated from the sternum and he's worried that they could puncture her lung. He said that her ribs can't heal until they've been set properly, but he's afraid to even touch her until they get the CAT scans so he can see what's going on in there. The hospital should have noticed this when they did their X-rays I would think, but apparently they only looked to see that her lungs were okay before. And she's driving herself back and forth with this problem because I have such bad vertigo that I can't safely drive right now. Ugh, some days it just stinks being a human with health issues and everything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 08:40:51 PM »
Yay! I'm glad you're not getting any side effects from the allergy med= and your breathing easier. Sounds like the headache is going offshore! :action-smiley-065:

As for the ears feeling plugged, I have a device called an "ear popper". My doc wrote me a script for it (it's a few hundred dollars) and it's so easy to use. It literally pops your ears. Before I got it, I used a blow dryer to pop them.

If you want to try the blow dryer method, get a blow dryer and turn it on....hold it about 18 inches from your ear for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then, repeat on the other side. Do it once or twice. You should start to "hear" better. Sounds like you could have some fluid in your ears. Maybe from sinuses.

I'll say a prayer for your wife. Good that the Osteo noticed the rib thing. Wonder why the x-ray techs missed that one.

Chin up, Toasted Butter! Don't beat yourself up! Put the brick away and use a feather instead.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 10:18:44 PM »
Thanks; it is difficult not to feel anxious when you have these symptoms, even if you don't worry that it's some rare and serious disease. The symptoms themselves are distressing enough by themselves.

Again.. If it makes you feel any better, you really could be me posting this stuff.  I really do feel the same constant sinus / allergy / dizziness, and it REALLY DOES cause a TON of Anxiety. 

Sadly, I don't have a lot of suggestions beyond what others have mentioned, but I know it makes me feel a little better when I see other experience the same weirdness as I do, so perhaps that will work both ways.

Stay strong.

Oh, and "Toasted Butter" has to be one of the best screen names I have seen in a long time.  +10 points for that one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »
It does help to know that others have the same symptoms. It helps me keep myself grounded in reality that this isn't unique or anything, not that I am glad other people are suffering too. I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I hope all of us find a way to cope with it and hopefully move on past it. Also, yeah ten points! I don't know how I thought of the name Toasted Butter; it just popped into my head one day as something totally impossible and silly and I thought it would make a good user name.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Maryjo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 11:39:46 PM »
Weird thing is, I too am a Cancer and having identical symptoms to this. Very strange. My birthday was on June 24
Bookmark and Share

Tags: