Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: BRINTELLIX 10mg anyone???  (Read 393 times)

Offline Kenzie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
BRINTELLIX 10mg anyone???
« on: July 01, 2014, 12:44:38 PM »
I just started this medication today 10 mg and its an anti depressent my DR told me its had great effects on people with depression and anxiety so im hoping this will help im just curious if anyone else is on this as well?? and how has it worked for you?? its about 7 months new so we shall see how it plays out, i dont want to rely on xanax anymore iv noticed my new dr doesnt want me on xanax as well since its so additcing but yet urgent care drs dont care to prescribe you xanax saying its just a pill it wont hurt but if anyone is taking brintellix please tell me your expierence and if its worked :D
Bookmark and Share

Offline BusuB

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: BRINTELLIX 10mg anyone???
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
Hi Kenzie, I'm a brintellix newbie myself.  Just started on 10mg a couple weeks ago.  Noted nausea as the most bothersome SE but that's been reduced since starting.  Other than that, some fatigue and mild start up anxiety.  Nothing sersious so far.  Feeling a little blah, but that's typical of my start up experience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kenzie

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:38 PM »
i wonder how its gonna work on me i was reading reviews on it and some people love it others not so much my mom was taking it and it didnt work on her so im only hoping for the best keep me updated as i shall keep yo updated i havent expiercenced any side effects yet but this is my first day so we shall see :) im glad im not the only one out there takin it also my dr told me is was supposed to help with anxiety as well and of course i looked up some side affects and im scared of seritonin syndrome but i hope by only taking this medicine it wont happen to me
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:16:45 AM »
and im scared of seritonin syndrome but i hope by only taking this medicine it wont happen to me

Serotonin syndrome is much rarer than Dr Google would have you believe. Few doctors have ever seen a genuine case. You won't develop it from taking SSRIs alone, not even in massive overdose. Almost all cases result from a SSRI being combined with either MAOI class antidepressants, illicit drugs which cause serotonin hyper secretion such as ecstasy, MDMA, etc, the opioid analogues tramadol, pethidine, fentanil, and methadone, or possibly the tricyclic antidepressants clomipramine imipramine (but not others).

Moreover, combining Brintellix (also Viibryd (vilazodone)) with those drugs is much less likely to cause serious issues as it blocks serotonin 5-HT2A receptors which inhibits the dangerous physical effects of the syndrome. Buspar (buspirone) is another med that blocks the 5-HT2A receptor which is why it is safe to take with SSRIs despite have some serotonergic activity of its own.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Kenzie

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »
Thank you so much that deff helps I hate when I turn to google then freak myself out I mean way back in the day I used to do Molly and stuff but I don't do it anymore that won't affect anything will it if I used to have a bad past with stuff like that?? I'm too paranoid to even smoke ganja let alone do drugs and drink I get scared to even take my meds haha paranoia at it's finest
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:37:49 AM »
I used to do Molly and stuff but I don't do it anymore that won't affect anything will it if I used to have a bad past with stuff like that?

It might have contributed to why you need antidepressants, but it won't cause any problem with taking these meds. Drugs like MDMA cause hyper secretion of serotonin to the point neurons use up their energy reserves. This can trigger some cell death, but often it causes cell axons and thus the synapses at the terminals to be pruned which inhibits neurotransmission, and may impact how effective antidepressants are.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Kenzie

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 01:39:12 AM »
Thank you for that I wish I wasn't so stupid when I was younger :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: