Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 782 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Goodbye
« on: July 01, 2014, 07:10:23 AM »
This is actually the end for me because of rabies, and how do I know? I have two raised bumps on my arm that started to tingle and my hand feels like it's having heat flashes, and I got diagnosed with something viral and that something viral is rabies I think I've figured out for as I type with no anxiety and the knowing that my death is near my arm and those two raised bumps are tingling. I checked with a symptom checker and it says rabies so bye to food, water, life in general, and pain free living. If someone has a better explanation as to why I have tingling up at my elbow and two raised bumps then be my guest but it's rabies... As to how a bat did that they are assholes and I'm a heavy sleeper so I was warned well ahead of time.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:18:11 AM »
Do you have a fever?  Headache?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »
Sunlover no I don't but it's generally a few days to a week of tingling at the site and then the full blown symptoms like headache, fear of water, etc. as for now I can drink water just fine :). But as far as I know this could be carpel tunnel, my aunt is getting me to the doctor's as soon as possible so that I can calm down if it isn't but if it is then I'm not surprised.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »
smalm

I know you don't want to hear this but I am going to say it anyway:

when a person who is so sucked into irrational thinking like you are, there is NO PIECE of information or logic or reassurance that will make any difference.  In your mind you are dying.  there is nothing we can tell you to convince you otherwise.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:02:35 AM »
I'm going to the doctors hopefully later today and sixpack, I actually do like others opinions because it actually does help to a certain degree.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »
How did you make out at the doctors?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:13:15 PM »
She talked about what anxiety does to you chemically and hormonally and for the rabies thing she said that it's just my anxiety and is about the rarest thing to have in America.  I told her my situation and she said that rabies isn't a possibility, but that if I still felt off in two weeks when I go in to see how my medication she gave me goes then she can start to run tests. I'm going to be on a medication starting tomorrow which is called "Venlafaxine HCI" I'm going to take 25mg daily. As for me I'm hopeful that this is a pinched nerve like my other hand and that it isn't my rabies fear of dying of rabies... I know that what she said will help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
I'm glad you saw your doctor and what she said helped ease your mind.

:yes: And you'll start meds which will help you, too. Try and relax, now, knowing that all is well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
Another good thing is that the state department of health said that I wasn't at risk for it since I was well covered and also saw no bats around. As for the symptoms the doctor said it's most likely a pinched nerve that got pinchad at the elbow and she suggested that I sleepwith my hands not under the pillow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »
That's good. Feel better now. Nothing to worry about!
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »
No rabies for you man good! Now shoot every bat with a pellet rifle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 11:26:06 PM »
Near two raised red bumps it tingles, should I give in and worry or know that I was very well covered in clothing? Tomorrow I'm going to start taking the meds and hope that this anxiety will go away, for right now there is no anxiety, and the doctor said the weird tingling of the arm and hand is a pinched nerve of most likely the elbow. I am still scared for my two raised bumps are tingling, and it's getting worse in that area and above. Maybe this is just my anxiety but I'm still scared because of the general weird feeling of these places.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 11:39:46 PM »
Valleyplayer42 Damn right! But there are no bats on the island where I live now that I know of.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 09:00:30 PM »
I found a bat bite looking thing on my arm and am getting a headache, then again I'm starting my medication, I really don't know which one it is... I'm really scared. Luckily if this is the end then I've already written out my death wish. The bat bite looking thing is tingling... I was wearing so much I would have felt something crawl up my arm... I'm really scared that this is really the end for this does look like a real bite and literally as I type my headache is getting worse.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »
you went to the doctor yesterday and she told you in no uncertain that you didn't have rabies.

this is a prime example of why reassurance--from family, friends, internet forums AND professional medical opinions---doesn't work.  It doesn't solve anxiety disorders.  Reassurance to a person with HA, is like crack to an addict.  It feels good when you get some, like a high.  But like an addict, the "high" wears off and soon your are looking for another round of reassurance.

As I told you yesterday---  when a person is so sucked into irrational thinking, like you are,  there is NO PIIECE of information, or logic or reassurance that will make any difference.   

Regarding medication:  that is but one tool to getting better.  To gain long term solace, you are going to have to employ many tools. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: