Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified to start Lexapro  (Read 294 times)

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified to start Lexapro
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 05:16:41 PM »
I'm sure a lot of that was from my anxiety just skyrocketing. Luckily I was off work today because I've literally been sleeping all of it. I still feel dizzy but the nausea has subsided. I'll try just 5mg before bed tonight and hopefully I can function tomorrow. I have a valium I've been saving for emergencies I could maybe take at work if it becomes too much. :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 06:39:17 PM »
Hi, I just wanted to say, I would have started on a much lower dose..... 5mg.----even 2.5mg., just to have the least amount of side-effects.

Take care :)

P.S.  Back in 2002 I first started taking Celexa, and started on 10mg. my side-effects were through the roof, but I stuck with it and it helped me immensely (anxiety).  So, don't let the side-effects scare you because they will diminish after a while.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »
Thank you for the reassurance everyone. Maybr my Dr just didn't realize how bad my anxiety really was because she was all for me starting at 10mg with no backup benzos or anything. I will try the 5mg tonight and hopefully work will go smoothly tomorrow. I'm determined to make this work for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
So its day 3 and I had to leave work early because I couldnt handle the way I was feeling. The dizziness and nausea in the mornings has been overwhelming. Ive lost 5 pounds in this time because I can't eat, and my anxiety has multiplied immensely. I'm still hopeful that maybe this stuff will help me but damn this is quite debilitating. I can't keep leaving work like this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »
So its day 3 and I had to leave work early because I couldnt handle the way I was feeling. The dizziness and nausea in the mornings has been overwhelming. Ive lost 5 pounds in this time because I can't eat, and my anxiety has multiplied immensely. I'm still hopeful that maybe this stuff will help me but damn this is quite debilitating. I can't keep leaving work like this.

Do you think you can call your doctor and have them prescribe you a lo dose benzo?

If your appetite is bad, get some Peppermint Tea. It stimulates the appetite as well as calms the stomach!

Hang in there. Oh, can you take anything for your stomach? Pepto, or something anti-nausea?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:47 AM »
Just an update. So I tried to persevere through the massive anxiety attacks and feelings of going crazy, but it was making my life a living hell to the point where I felt I appreciated the intense anxiety I use to have as opposed to the 'new me.' I took the lexapro for right at a week's mark and the seventh day I woke up with the worst case of derealization/depersonalization I've ever experienced in my life. I looked in the mirror and it wasn't me, everything was far away. I couldn't focus on anything and could not get a grip on reality. I ended up calling into work and having my roomie drive me to my dr. She said that wasn't normal and took me off of it. Prescribed me Wellbutrin instead....no benzos to help cope yet again.  Anyways, I made a personal choice not to fill the script. I am back to baseline with my anxiety now but I feel like I am myself again. I am going to attack this head on and attempt it unmedicated for a while. I am going to try out this whole 'enjoying life' thing that I use to engage in.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: