Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you know what triggers your HA?  (Read 361 times)

Offline LotusFish

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you know what triggers your HA?
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
it is common to see statements like "it came out of the blue"  or "I was just doing X or Y or Z..."  peeps often forget that MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.

Living anxiously (whether it is realized or not) is tough on the body.   :yes:

Thank you for this. It seriously helps. Methinks I need to pick up yoga and meditation again... which is difficult with a toddler running around. lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 239
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 03:11:38 PM »
it is common to see statements like "it came out of the blue"  or "I was just doing X or Y or Z..."  peeps often forget that MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.

Living anxiously (whether it is realized or not) is tough on the body.   :yes:

Thank you for this. It seriously helps. Methinks I need to pick up yoga and meditation again... which is difficult with a toddler running around. lol

;D
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »
Honestly I don't know what triggers it most of the time for me; I think my brain is mis-wired due to pressure on my brain when I was an infant. I had spinal meningitis when I was a few months old and they did tests on me fort he next 15 years to try and figure out what the full impact of that was. I was diagnosed with GAD when I was 5 and had my first panic attack when I was 4, so it's pretty much just always been there, although sometimes it can seem to go away for months and then other times it seems like it wants to control my life.

There are some things that I know can set me off; pretty much any physical symptom that has caused it in the past or any new weird symptom. There are some symptoms that I've had for so long that they don't set me off anymore; pretty much anything gastric for instance, since I've had IBS for so long it's just normal to me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything